Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by navajas
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG1039.jpg
    IMG_4863.JPG
    IMG_4862.JPG
    IMG_4860.JPG
    IMG_4859.JPG
    IMG_4858.JPG
    IMG_4849.JPG
    IMG_4857.JPG
    IMG_4848.JPG
    IMG_4845.JPG
    IMG_4844.JPG
    IMG_4843.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider navajas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

What's the delay like on the retail VirtuaPins? I'm a guy who notices absolute minutia in this kind of thing and it really bugs me. Drives my wife crazy because, for instance, the dialog will be about 1/10th of a second off the lips of an Amazon stream and I just can't take it. Would seem even more important here.

Also, do they have any coils rigged up for feed back? Does nudging work well? Tilt? Is it an accelerometer or something or a plumb?

That Monsters of Rock looks fricking amazing.

#12 10 years ago

Can anyone compare the physics on these things to that of Pinball Arcade on the 360? That simulator is fun enough for a $5 game, but for me to think about $4k+ $freight, it'd have to be a damn site better.

#14 10 years ago

See, I know I'm eventually going to end up with one of these things, they're just way too dollar and space effective for my budgetary concerns of both, but I can't decide if I should wait out better physics / displays or not.

Harumph. I'm going to go mull. Good luck with sale in the mean time!

EDIT: Anyone have decent video of this exact product (or I guess the wide body would work too) in play? The stills look amazing (well on some tables, other's look like hell) but it's the ball that really matters. I looked on YouTube and there's shit.

#16 10 years ago

Haha. I was just watching your vid on YouTube. It was the best I could find but was lamenting it wasn't the exact one on offer. I was also wondering, "How the hell would you do banzai Run?". Ha.

I'm a little shy on this one because of the standard body as Demolition Man and Indiana Jones are way up on my list.

You still liking yours? What is VP vs. FP?

#18 10 years ago

I'm sorry for density, but, what is PinballFX related to VP and FP? Further, these platforms are not software specific are they? On the same machine could you run them both and swap back and forth?

#23 10 years ago

I've seen 3D effects with the Wii thing before, but if a similar effect is possible with the Kinect camera (which is fucking useless otherwise) that would be pretty f'ing rad. That's right, I typed "rad". With how polar people seem to be on the software I was afraid it was somehow proprietary. If it's not, well, hell. That's pretty cool.

I was reading PinballFX out of context, and therefore missing it. I had those on the 360. I can see how they might be better with the better aspect, but I didn't like them a bit.

EDIT: FogHorn, what's a wide body look like if it's queued up on the standard size screen? Are there margins or something?

#37 10 years ago

I've never been able to use a flipper on a simulation like I can on a machine. Are these good enough yet that you can catch? Are the shots real? I mean, on the 360 it's obvious that there's logic going on, not just physics. If the ball makes it a certain distance up a ramp, regardless of the momentum, the game decides that's what you were shooting for and nudges it along to make it happen. When you know a table really well from machine play, these kind of simulation draw backs are very apparent.

Regardless, as Foghorn said, because of how much time I had on the simulation, I played Black Hole completely cold on location and did extremely well. A lot of that is just learning the rules I realize, but it knocked at least four or fives games worth of familiarization off my tab. That's about $2. Cold. Hard. Cash.

Still mulling. :-/

Foghorn, does this one have the second set of speakers for feedback on mechs, or does it just come through the system sound?

1 week later
    #60 10 years ago

Congrats man, looked like a great machine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider navajas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genuine-virtuapin-standard-size-virtual-pinball-machine-3900-obo?tu=navajas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.