Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by navajas
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG1039.jpg
    IMG_4863.JPG
    IMG_4862.JPG
    IMG_4860.JPG
    IMG_4859.JPG
    IMG_4858.JPG
    IMG_4849.JPG
    IMG_4857.JPG
    IMG_4848.JPG
    IMG_4845.JPG
    IMG_4844.JPG
    IMG_4843.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mtppc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 10 years ago

VP scratches a different itch than the real thing. If you enjoy learning the rulesets and working to achieve different goals on a ton of tables, a simulator is great. If you are trying to hone the raw physical skills to play great on real machines.. not so much. But as many have said, understanding how to play is half the game while executing is the other half.

This is a great machine. Just budget about $300-400 to install all the force feedback goodies and you'll have a smoking vpin. I've built 4 and I'm just now installing my first set of force feedback and flashers. I've enjoyed it plenty without, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it more with. Besides the flipper aiming problems, mine have demonstrated a consistent lag of maybe 15-20ms. Your brain accommodates the lag pretty quickly almost like how a batter swings the bat. But I can see how this is intolerable for some. For me, it's just part of the video game aspect of the simulation. When there is a shot you can't make from cradle, you just have to find another way to make it regularly. While this can throw your RW skills off, I've found that I can walk up to games I've only played on the sim and do pretty good. But sometimes I must admit that just playing stay alive can get you better scores than shooting for risky targets... in this regard VP mirrors the RW.

Here is my Force feedback controller board. It has contactors for the pops and relay boards to run a real knocker, strobes and starter solenoids for theflippers and slingshots. It also has RGB PWM for the 5 flasher light show (which is totally amazing).

For me, this virtuapin would take priority over a real pin if I was stranded on an island with one machine, but as others have said, to each his own and these machines are really just complementary to a small collection. It's not and never will be the real thing just like MS Flight simulator will never be the same as flying an aircraft. The real question being asked is if the simulation is immersive and I think the answer to that is a resounding yes.

IMAG1039.jpgIMAG1039.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mtppc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genuine-virtuapin-standard-size-virtual-pinball-machine-3900-obo?tu=mtppc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.