Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rooky79
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

321E2BC7-D34D-4C18-BC3B-A57BF8CE19AE (resized).jpeg

#1 5 years ago

Hoping someone can clarify this for me:

Im not an overly active person on Pinside, but I do read some threads from time to time; so I don’t know the full in’s and out’s of it all.

One thing I’ve noticed is people get really offended or weirded out if they get a downvote on their post.

What’s up with that? Is there some sort of penalty or something for receiving downvotes? E.g. if you hit a certain amount you get kicked off?

If there’s no penalty for downvotes, why do people get so upset with it?

I just assumed if you liked a post, you gave it a like (in this case an upvote) or if you didn’t, give it a thumbs down. No big deal.

Anyone have some clarification on this?

Cheers in advance

#2 5 years ago

You've met people, right?

They tend to take things personally.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Ha ha ha I guess so!

Just seems crazy to me and I wondered if there was a genuine reason why.

I saw someone give their opinion or review of something and someone downvoted it. Then they had half a post passive aggressively shitting on it

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

I downvote you cause I am people and I take it personally ken lol

#5 5 years ago

Upvotes and downvoted don’t matter to me, but if someone makes an odd comment I will check their ratio to see if I should believe them. Example, if someone has a 4% upvote rating I’m not going to care about anything they say.

Check LTG ratio everything he types is gospel

#6 5 years ago

No idea. I am on here every day but I don’t have time for downvoting. IMO that is kind stupid. I do upvote as a way of “agreeing” or supporting a comment

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

don’t have time for downvoting. I do upvote

Downvoting takes the same amount of time as upvoting. Obv u r a liar, therefore downvoted!

Quoted from rooky79:

genuine reason why

Mostly it's agree or disagree but obviously some people care way more than others. You can hide them in your settings if you don't care about them.

#8 5 years ago

It causes more drama than any good. Fortunately, Pinside has a feature to turn downvotes off. I have that set. I don't see them, nor participate in them. Keeps it simple.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

It causes more drama than any good. Fortunately, Pinside has a feature to turn downvotes off. I have that set. I don't see them, nor participate in them. Keeps it simple.

Ah wicked, where do I find that?

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from rooky79:

Ah wicked, where do I find that?

Click there
    321E2BC7-D34D-4C18-BC3B-A57BF8CE19AE (resized).jpeg321E2BC7-D34D-4C18-BC3B-A57BF8CE19AE (resized).jpeg

Then scroll near the bottom and you’ll see it

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Downvoting takes the same amount of time as upvoting. Obv u r a liar, therefore downvoted!

Mostly it's agree or disagree but obviously some people care way more than others. You can hide them in your settings if you don't care about them.

It's a Figure of speech!

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Click there
    [quoted image]
    Then scroll near the bottom and you’ll see it

Thanks mate

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genine-question-to-all-active-regular-pinside-posters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.