10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by cro_pinman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fna_royam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I have a Gottlieb Genie that was working at the house with the coin drop at 25 cents ( even at home I like to put quarters in to play. ). I was talking with a local watering hole and I offered to take the genie there. We'll we moved the game there and like an idiot I left a multimeter inside and it banged about a bit before I realized and took it out. Anyway when we set it up the lights go on, the typical 5 second delay and it looked like its ready to play. Problem is it will not accept quarters, which it was doing before the move, but the more serious problem being it won't even allow me to go into the diagnostic mode to switch it to free play. Any ideas about what might be wrong ( and feel free to make fun of me for keeping a multimeter in the cabinet while moving, bonehead for sure)

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I had a tech out to fix some things prior to the move and everything seemed to be running just fine.

#7 10 years ago

It's fixed - thanks so much. It was the J6 not being connected and it was the J6 that I didn't pull up so it was dangling down. When " it's not plugged in yet" it won't work I guess

Thanks again for the help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterbury, CT
$ 7.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fna_royam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genie-working-fine-before-move?tu=fna_royam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.