Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cro_pinman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I have a Gottlieb Genie that was working at the house with the coin drop at 25 cents ( even at home I like to put quarters in to play. ). I was talking with a local watering hole and I offered to take the genie there. We'll we moved the game there and like an idiot I left a multimeter inside and it banged about a bit before I realized and took it out. Anyway when we set it up the lights go on, the typical 5 second delay and it looked like its ready to play. Problem is it will not accept quarters, which it was doing before the move, but the more serious problem being it won't even allow me to go into the diagnostic mode to switch it to free play. Any ideas about what might be wrong ( and feel free to make fun of me for keeping a multimeter in the cabinet while moving, bonehead for sure)

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I had a tech out to fix some things prior to the move and everything seemed to be running just fine.

#2 5 years ago

For a rough start I'd make sure all connectors are on tight. Pull and check fuses.

No telling what damage may have happened from the loose meter. Or may not have.

LTG : )™

#3 5 years ago

A couple thoughts...

Molex connector from coin door to backbox harness attached?
Coin door ground still in place?
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

For a rough start I'd make sure all connectors are on tight. Pull and check fuses.
No telling what damage may have happened from the loose meter. Or may not have.
LTG : )™

+1

With special attention to J6 (also J1(P1) connector near by tilt assembly )

#5 5 years ago

For a minute I thought this was a Direct TV thread. I was just going to advise you to call DTV and they would send you a new Genie

#6 5 years ago

If you unbolted the head and laid it down, you likely disconnected one or two connectors in the head. Bottom left connector on the CPU is especially short, and goes to the coin door. Once the wires and connector get loose, they can fall through the big hole in the bottom of the head into the lower cabinet, so it looks like nothing is loose when you open the head. With the power off, fish around in that hole to look for loose connectors. I'll bet you'll find one or two loose there. Match them up with the right connector in the head and you should be good to go.

#7 5 years ago

It's fixed - thanks so much. It was the J6 not being connected and it was the J6 that I didn't pull up so it was dangling down. When " it's not plugged in yet" it won't work I guess

Thanks again for the help

#8 5 years ago

Nice, Genie keep on runnin' .

Greetings from Croatia

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 289.00
€ 8.40
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Haus
$ 8.99
Lighting - Other
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 12.50
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 150.00
Various Other Swag
Pinside Shop
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 229.99
$ 9.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside