4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by KenLayton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider genieye.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hello all, crazy times for sure and hope everyone is well. Many of us find ourselves stuck inside and a silver lining is more pinball play so that is why I hope to find a quick solution to this problem.

I posted something similar recently about intermittent Genie drop target reset issues and am posting this new one since there are more things to report and am hoping to get a fresh look at it from the many experts here.

The lower 4 drop target coil is very weak at times, so much so that the targets will either reset very slowly, not at all, or pop up slowly then retreat. They also normally pop up fine when you start a new ball and can be ok for awhile only to repaet the problem. That is the strange part is that when a new ball starts the downed targets pop right up then might play fine then get weak and stop resetting. This can happen at anytime during play, it starts off fine then gets weaker until it happens or can happen on the first ball. Then might be fine for awhile then starts to do the same thing.

The coil reset sounds mushy slow if you can imagine that sound. Also they now will occaisionally reset before all 4 are down which is a new behavior. The upper 7 targets reset fine but do at times reset before they should but a rare occurance.

I have been told to look at the rectifier and maybe replace that? I will have to figure out where that is. It seems like an intermittent power supply issue to that coil. The coil always fires during a NI-Wumpf coil test though can sound mushy. I have a NI-Wumpf CPU and Driver and Rottendog PS. I really hope someone or a few of you can offer insight on this as I hope to get it operating normally for the long strectch stuck at home. Best to all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider genieye.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genie-weak-drop-target-coil-intermmittent-reset?tu=genieye and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.