Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by guard
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrgregb123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

On my Genie, the right upper mini flipper flips rapidly most times that you hit the flipper. Other times it works OK. Other times it doesn't even flip when you hit the button. The lower flippers all work just fine without any issues. Does anyone know what might cause this?

Also, is it normal for both upper mini flippers to have a tiny delay - they don't quite flip at the exact same time as the lower flippers. Thanks guys.

#7 5 years ago

I'll check out that mod, but more importantly....still getting that rapid upper right mini flipper. Seems to happen after a couple minutes. So I rebuilt every flipper in the game - all new parts. EOS switches are all perfectly gapped. Still happens.

The flipper buttons themselves only have one switch each and the lower flippers never flip rapidly. I cleaned the switches so make good contact anyway, but same issue. Anything else to check?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Did you replace and gap the switches on the lower flippers that control the upper switches?

I did, and I checked that a bunch of times...but what I didn't realize is the switch for the uppers are actually on the lowers (you mentioned this atop the thread but I misread it as the switch was at the buttons). This is my first older solid state so I'm still kinda figuring out what everything does. Realizing the upper flipper switch is basically an EOS switch on the lowers, I just changed the gap to be very tight rather than 1/8".

This fixed BOTH issues....now the upper flippers flip exactly with the lowers (I'm sure there's a tiny delay but it's not noticeable) and the upper right no longer jitters.

Hey RacingPin - jusy FYI, all that work you did isn't really necessary....just make the switch gap shorter on the lowers and they flip exactly like modern games with uppers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterbury, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrgregb123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genie-upper-flipper-oddities?tu=mrgregb123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.