By Genieye

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6922 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6923 (resized).JPG
    #1 4 years ago

I took a video where you can hear the awful sound coming from the original sound board. Flipping the red switches alters the pitch some but I just keep the board unplugged. With that sound who wouldn't! The prior owner had purchased this new board but had not installed it. I plugged it in and it just hums with no sound. I have my doubts if it is compatible.

I am close to getting this Genie to its original playing state. If I can fix the audio and make the flippers stronger I would be all set. I am new to this so I guess replacing the coils would make them stronger? Switches? Does the whole flipper assembly need to be replaced? The mini flippers are pretty lame. You really have to give it a jolt with perfect timing to have a shot at getting the targets down. I am new to this community and owning a pinball machine. I have always wanted the Genie and feel I have a gem if I can fix these problems. I truly appreciate anyone who responds. Thanks

https://photos.smugmug.com/Misc-Video-Clips/i-CHn767L/0/a8bef2b5/640/2019112310055738--7882455136772208004-IMG_6924-640.mp4

IMG_6922 (resized).JPGIMG_6922 (resized).JPGIMG_6923 (resized).JPGIMG_6923 (resized).JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genie-sound-board-shriek-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.