• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hello,

I started having issues with Genie yesterday. The game would crash mid game multiple times throughout the day. mid ball the game would end and scores would stand where they were. The game was not rebooting, just ending the game.

Any ideas where to start? One other weird thing about this game is I could never get the tilt switches to register in this game.

My first thought is maybe a flaky slam tilt switch, but not sure.

thanks!

Erik

#2 5 years ago

I think you did say Genie has a slam tilt switch when you did the STDM stream with it, and opened the coin box. So it seems like the best guess at least.

#3 5 years ago

Okay thanks. Just went over all the slam tilt switches. Looks like there is three. One on the coin door (normally closed switch, then on attached the bottom of the playfield (Normally open switch), then the ball switch on the left side of the front of the cabinet. I made sure the ball switch could never make contact, the front switch I just took the wires and soldered them together, and the playfield one I bent so far apart it could never make contact.

Played a handful of games and seems to be okay, but I am sure it will be fine until the next tournament then do it again, haha.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterbury, CT
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genie-reset-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.