Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by SunKing
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

The original genie sound card has been replaced with a pascal janin on board sound card (located on the X4 board.)
On genie you could use a dip switch on the sound card to choose buck Rogers or genie sounds.
The sounds are stuck on buck Rogers type sound. No matter where I set the dip switches on the new card I can't get the genie sounds... I can get every other game.
Any help appreciated.

#2 3 years ago

I can't work this one out...

#3 3 years ago

Is this a board you had for a while and the Genie sounds worked at first and now they don't, or is this a new board you just bought and the Genie sounds never worked?

#4 3 years ago

New board. There is 8 combinations for those dip switches, I will double check to make sure I haven't missed anything. I have emailed pascal to ask him and will post what I find.

#5 3 years ago

Ok guys I have worked this out. Dip switch S4 is tones/sounds dip switch and I had to set this one in combination with the others. Also S5 is up which means the attract sound will play.

In the end i had S1 up, S2 down, S3 up, S4 I had to tinker with, S5 is up. I solved this minutes before Pascal replied. Pascal was very helpful in his reply email, even with silly questions.
I thought S4 had to be down in order to play sounds rather than beeps and bops. I'm still a bit confused but all sorted now.

#6 3 years ago

Pascal replied asking me how he could make this clearer in the instructions. What a great guy. Always trying to make things easier for his customers!

#7 3 years ago

Thanks for posting the solution! Pascal is awesome and I love those boards.

#8 3 years ago

Another thumbs up for Pascal. I run them in my Genie and Haunted House.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterbury, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genie-problems-pi-fx-x4?hl=electronmagic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.