Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by pinmike
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 47 days ago

I've owned this game for a year now and every 10 or so games, it seems to randomly slam tilt. There is no rhyme or reason. Sometimes it occurs 2 minutes after the game was turned on, other times after 30 minutes. Sometimes never.

As far as I know, there are two slam tilt switches in the game. The one under the center of the playfield is open by default and the contact switches are very far apart. It would impossible to activate this if you threw the game across the room.

The other slam tilt is the one to the left of the coin area that relies on a rolling ball to break a closed switch. This one I've used a leaf adjuster to push closed as tightly as possible. It doesn't move at all and the contact is pretty good. I would ideally like to short this closed permanently but I'm not entirely sure which of the 3 wires to solder together. At least then I can be absolutely sure it's not this switch. And then if that's the case, anything to check elsewhere? Thanks for the help!

#2 47 days ago

There is also a slam switch on the coin door near the lock.

If you want to permanently disable the slam tilt feature - a common fix for this rather glitchy design - put a jumper wire across the legs of capacitor C2 on the CPU board, as seen in this photo:
https://www.flippers.com/images/Got-Sys1-SLAM-Defeat.JPG

This is one of several things I am working on in the process of getting my Totem back into full functionality.

#3 47 days ago

What mpu does it have? Original?

#4 47 days ago

Ni-Wumpf, so I can't do what gornkleschnitzer suggested. No option to disable in the settings either.

#5 46 days ago

Same exact problem we are having here and new boards also Ni-Wumpf.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genie-system-1-will-not-boot/page/4#post-5395680

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Senoia, GA
€ 8.40
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 289.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 22.00
Hardware
The MOD Couple
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet Parts
Maple Street Sign Shop
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 218.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside