pinside.c79c03348816a87c745005fe5cf0d6c84b9a24d0 (resized).jpg
20231107_210531 (resized).jpg
received_1375103876409308 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3668 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3658 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3659 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3584 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 5 years ago

Picked one up today, does anyone know where to get those arch decals? Mine needs one baaad.

Anyone replaced the spinner with a metal one?

1 month later
#77 5 years ago

Anyone had problems with the little plastic guide behind the upper right flipper? (near the right outlane). No matter how I install mine, it rubs against the flipper rubber and makes the flipper stick...

1 month later
#79 5 years ago
Quoted from D8n-flipped:

I just bought a Genie yesterday! What a fantastic game and its really cool to find other likeminded "Pin-Ballers" on Pinside who feel the same! where is the best place to buy LEDs for the backbox? and what LEDs are recommended?
thanks

I just converted mine from 44s to comet 2smd warm, and sadly I've got to say that it looses a bit of the game's charm. Genie is so yellow, with incandescents it gives a really nice glow. Warm Leds just aren't quite the same, even if they're brighter, they're 'colder' as well. I'd have switched mine back but it's going on location where it'll be on all day

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from D8n-flipped:

Zacaj, did you put the 2smd in the backbox or the playfield?
I read on here that if you LED the playfield it would cut down on the backbox glare.

Both.

6 months later
#98 4 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Hi all. I have a question about the basic game play. Is the machine supposed to make a sound for every type of point made? Aka. Rollover, spinner, standup target, etc. Reason I ask, mine does not. On my other pins, a sound or chime is applied when something is hit. This seems odd. It has a ni-wumpf board.
Thanks,
Scott

The driver board still has the 10, 100, 1000 pt chime outputs, and those are what control the sound board. Every point scored should trigger one of those three outputs and create a sound.

Is it a specific switch or score amount that doesn't make a sound? Or just intermittent?

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

So there is an issue with the driver board?

Could be. Or sound board. Or mpu. Or connectors between any of those

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Roll overs in upper pf, spinner, stand ups, when hit don't produce any sound.
Thanks for the info. I'll need to troubleshoot, now knowing that it should make sounds!

They are scoring though, right?

Are you on three or five ball?

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Yes, everything scores correctly. 3 ball.

Rollovers score 2000, spinner 100, standups (targets I assume) 500. Weird that it wouldn't all be at least on the same score level. Unless it still uses the 5 ball settings (rollovers 200) for sound despite scoring differently? Hm.

Do the ABCD lanes make noise when lit and unlit? Is there anything else on the PF that scores 100s and makes sound?

5 months later
#127 4 years ago

A-17299, per page 8 of the manual

2 weeks later
#135 4 years ago

I'm sure PBR can tell you exactly what it should have

4 months later
#146 3 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

What are the preferred coils for the pop bumpers? And are they all the same?

All the coils are listed in the playboard solenoids schematic in the manual. Top bumpers are A-1496, bottom is A-5194

1 month later
#148 3 years ago

checked the switch on the lower flipper that controls it?

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from BRW84:

Does anyone have the part number for the double-stack EOS switch on the lower right flipper? Or, better yet, a link where I can buy one? Thanks in advance!

Listed on PBR for Genie: http://pbresource.com/KT-GFLIP03M.html

5 months later
#176 3 years ago
Quoted from kimbleseven:

What size are the rear legs on Genie? I have 27 on front and 28 1/2 on the rear.
Also: 3 or 5 ball?

I think technically they should all be 27s, it a bit of extra incline never hurt.

I keep mine on 3 ball since it doesn't seem to house ball-y

10 months later
#199 2 years ago

The upper pops score 2000 or 200 depending on 3/5 ball, per the manual

#201 2 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Thanks, so if I set to 3 ball then all three pop bumper caps are actually correct from a scoring perspective?

I think so, yeah

2 weeks later
#205 2 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

I believe that I am missing the playfield support pieces in our recently acquired Genie (widebody).
I’m planning on cutting two pieces of 1” x 1” aluminum angle down to size. Does anyone here have a better suggestion on what to substitute in its place?

Do you mean the arm to hold it up, the brackets in front, or the sliders for the back end?

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

My genie's upper right small flipper has been shot gunning. Sometimes it's really bad, other times doesn't happen too much. I've tried adjusting the EOS, doesn't seem to be helping much. Guessing best bet would be replace the coil? The EOS switches on all the flippers look...rough. They could probably be replaced as well.
Looking around, I'm trying to find what the lower stacked EOS switches should be "doing" when the flipper is not engaged vs engaged -- I'm not sure if mine are adjust properly currently; and if replacing them want to make sure they're correct. Could someone snap a good pic of the switch stack on those in the two positions? Or point me to where that documentation might be?

The inner eos on the lower flipper should work like normal. Open right near the end of the stroke. The outer eos is what powers the upper flippers. It should close a bit before the inner opens. If it isn't making good contact, thay can cause the uppers to have issues

10 months later
#240 1 year ago

No boards are involved, the flipper just goes through the game over relay and the cabinet contacts

Have you fixed the wiring and replaced the diode?

Hard to believe no fuse blew

#243 1 year ago

Did you replace the extra switch on the lower right flipper that controls the upper?

8 months later
#250 7 months ago
Quoted from Quench:

The schematic doesn't list these double stacked switches though.

they're the "On bottom left/right flipper" switches, note that there's two of each

2 weeks later
#253 6 months ago

Yup, I see that a lot on this era gottlieb

2 months later
#279 4 months ago

If it is smaller, maybe you can order a repro and ask them to adjust the size?

#282 4 months ago

Iirc the genie head is basically the same width as the cab, not much overhang

4 months later
#295 7 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Anybody ever figure out how to get rid of the audible hum sound from Genie. Not sure if a sound board replacement will fix it or something else.

My Genie has zero hum. All original boards

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genie-owners-club?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.