pinside.c79c03348816a87c745005fe5cf0d6c84b9a24d0 (resized).jpg
20231107_210531 (resized).jpg
received_1375103876409308 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3668 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3658 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3659 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3584 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider e_n_3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 6 years ago

Grabbed one locally, which I plan on putting in some time and elbow grease in, to bring her back to life and to start being enjoyed again!

The game is in good condition (will clean up nice and make somebody very happy when done. The cabinet is nice (no major fades or paint loss...typically handful of small nicks and scuffs expected for pre-cleanup. The backglass is nearly perfect, except for the typical Gotlieb issue that the blue tint over the displays is "meh"....but I will put in the new films that are available. The playfield only has ONE wear mark (top arch of the PF where the ball comes out of the shooter lane, before it drops into a lane below)- not a huge issue, especially since it is so high up on the playfield rather than something you stare at during gameplay lower on the PF).

Biggest issue is that the game is missing the power supply board, which is $89 plus s/h...so I will call it $100 in hand. All of the other boards are there, and look to be "okay", no burns or hacks, but I don't have a way of testing, as the Close Encounters I will be selling has the Pascal board already (original board long since sold), and there is not a way to use the Pascal board as just a power supply board to allow me to test the other boards (asked Pascal directly).

Like the other games I pick up to fix up and get back in to the world to be enjoyed again, I will give it a nice cleaning/scrubbing, new rubbers, LEDs (typically a frosted white-tastefully added, and not too bright you need sunglasses to play), and whatever misc parts it will need along the way.

My question is (keeping in mind I will be selling when done), should I:

1) go with the $100 (lower) investment and hope the other boards are okay, as once I invest in just the power supply, it would make more financial sense to stay the course, and deal with the individual boards. To me, if any of the other boards don't work, it wouldn't make much sense to then add the Pascal in to the equation, as I already have the $100 power supply money tied up in to the game.

2) go for the $350(ish) Pascal all-in-one board (larger) investment, immediately, and know all of the "boards" are now not going to have any issues. Also knowing that the Pascal will likely be a selling point to many potential buyers, as it is a really good board, bullet proofs many of the system's issues, and is able to add MANY desired features to the game (such as lane change, ball time, attract modes, etc).
PRO for option #2: imagine I may even be able to sell the other boards and recoup some of the money invested, but without having a way to test the boards, I know they would fetch less as an "as is" deal, and I wouldn't feel comfortable not listing them with the warning of possible issues since they are not tested.

I have been trying to figure out which way to go, and have talked myself in to both options several times, only to convince myself to go the other way soon after making my mind up for one of the options....lol.

I'm really on the fence on which way to go, and figured, rather than leaving it up to a literal coin flip, I would ask which way you guys think is the best way to go.

Thanks in advance!
--ed

1 week later
#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Where are these available--Pinball Resource?

I got mine via pinballswag. They were reasonably priced, came fast, were easy to instal, and look amazing!
Here is the link: http://pinballswag.com/product.php?productid=2&cat=7&page=1
Here before, during, and after install images:

IMG_0628 (resized).JPGIMG_0628 (resized).JPG

1 year later
#75 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Picked one up today, does anyone know where to get those arch decals? Mine needs one baaad.
Anyone replaced the spinner with a metal one?

You are in luck, I still had the email from when I ordered my arch decal last year from the guy who had them. His name is Dave, he is also on pinside as “dschulpius”. He is a really nice guy, the price is reasonable, and the decal/artwork is amazing!

His email: [email protected]

Link to his pinside page: https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/dschulpius

#76 5 years ago

Bad news about arch decal. I emailed the guy who had them, just to let him know I was posting his info, as you were looking for who had them.
Unfortunately, he just wrote me back that he is currently out of them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider e_n_3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genie-owners-club?tu=e_n_3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.