pinside.c79c03348816a87c745005fe5cf0d6c84b9a24d0 (resized).jpg
20231107_210531 (resized).jpg
received_1375103876409308 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3668 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3658 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3659 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3584 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RacingPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago

I ended up picking one up for $200. It was in very good shape since it was just sitting for 30 years. This was my first System 1 so I wasn't sure what to expect. Got it up and working and loved it! One thing though that I noticed was there was a delay between the upper set of flippers and the lower three. I checked all wiring and linkage and it appeared to be somewhat of a design issue. The upper flippers fire from a switch on the lower two but after adjusting the switch I was only able to get them to either have a delay in firing OR a delay in settling back.

Now this kind of irked me so I came up with a mod to fix it. I'm hoping I didn't overlook something before I put in this mod but if I did I assume someone will tell me.

The first thing I did was to get a '2 bundle' wire set (gray bundling) about 10 feet long with the wire having the same thickness as the current control wires. I soldered one end onto the appropriate cabinet flipper button lead (base one) on each side (See pic A - shows left side only) and laid out that bundled wire to snake through to the back of the cabinet and up to the playfield (See pic B and part of pic C).

I then soldered the other ends to the appropriate side flipper assembly mounting the wires on the left side lugs as shown in pic C.

One more important thing was to disable the current control switches on the lower flipper assemblies (See Pic D - shows left side only). I simply put electrical tape on so if someone wanted the mod completely out the whole thing is reversible.

Now there is absolutely no delay and loving the game even more!

I've also just ordered the P1-1 MPU board to make this game really come to life ..

gen01.jpggen01.jpg
gen02.jpggen02.jpg
gen03.jpggen03.jpg
gen04.jpggen04.jpg

Mike V.

3 years later
#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

My Genie has 1 bad display, are the originals unobtainium?

I've got several extras if you need one. They would be $35 each place $7 s/h

Mike V

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RacingPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genie-owners-club?tu=RacingPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.