pinside.c79c03348816a87c745005fe5cf0d6c84b9a24d0 (resized).jpg
20231107_210531 (resized).jpg
received_1375103876409308 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3668 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3658 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3659 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3584 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider D8n-flipped.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 5 years ago

I just bought a Genie yesterday! What a fantastic game and its really cool to find other likeminded "Pin-Ballers" on Pinside who feel the same! where is the best place to buy LEDs for the backbox? and what LEDs are recommended?

thanks

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I just converted mine from 44s to comet 2smd warm, and sadly I've got to say that it looses a bit of the game's charm. Genie is so yellow, with incandescents it gives a really nice glow. Warm Leds just aren't quite the same, even if they're brighter, they're 'colder' as well. I'd have switched mine back but it's going on location where it'll be on all day

Zacaj, did you put the 2smd in the backbox or the playfield?
I read on here that if you LED the playfield it would cut down on the backbox glare.

3 months later
#92 4 years ago

I got my Genie a couple of months ago and love it. It has the usual ware at the top arch and I need to find the 25 cent plates for the coin door. I also have been looking for custom rule cards. Very surprised there are not any available. Has any other owners "lit" up the flipper buttons?

IMG_6319.JPGIMG_6319.JPGIMG_6320.JPGIMG_6320.JPGIMG_6321.JPGIMG_6321.JPG
6 months later
#114 4 years ago

are there any custom rule cards out there for Genie? this game definitely deserves some.

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes check @Coindroppers custom card thread. Or just use these, the should be sized correctly.
[quoted image][quoted image]

really cool cards!
thanks !

1 month later
#117 4 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I too was unhappy with flipper strength, but instead opted to replace the normal metal ball with a ceramic ball. Jacked the angle up and it is a new, much quicker game. Harder, but quicker. Just one more option.

I did the same approach with the ceramic ball and it makes the game much faster.
What angle did you set your game to?

2 months later
#140 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Wanna kick some ass in a Genie tournament?
Hey guys, I'm trying to set up an online tournament for next Friday (April 17th), and I'm trying to recruit participants that have one of the games I have. I'm going to be posting this in each of the forums for the games I own, so I apologize in advance if you get this more than once.
The tournament would be on a single game and take place over zoom. It sounds like it could be a hell of a good time.
Please head over here for info: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/online-tournament-over-zoom-#post-5587755

how was the tournament? sounded like fun.

1 month later
#141 3 years ago

does anyone have a link to the parts list for Genie or happen to know the part number for the Coin Entry Plate?
I didn't see it in the manual.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

I just ordered one of these from Pinball Resource. GTB-C16566+
The red translucent plate, correct?

awesome! that's it! thanks!

3 months later
#147 3 years ago

Anybody have thoughts as to why the upper right mini flipper on Genie would stop flipping?
kids beat the machine up with their button smashing last week .
i checked the wires, switch and coil but found nothing.
thanks.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

checked the switch on the lower flipper that controls it?

thanks, i'll check that

4 months later
#167 3 years ago

It would be cool to add speech from I dream of Genie to this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterbury, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider D8n-flipped.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genie-owners-club?tu=D8n-flipped and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.