pinside.c79c03348816a87c745005fe5cf0d6c84b9a24d0 (resized).jpg
20231107_210531 (resized).jpg
received_1375103876409308 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3668 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3658 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3659 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3584 (resized).jpeg
There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Is it a specific switch or score amount that doesn't make a sound? Or just intermittent?

What sounds does she make?

#102 4 years ago

Roll overs in upper pf, spinner, stand ups, when hit don't produce any sound.
Thanks for the info. I'll need to troubleshoot, now knowing that it should make sounds!

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Roll overs in upper pf, spinner, stand ups, when hit don't produce any sound.
Thanks for the info. I'll need to troubleshoot, now knowing that it should make sounds!

They are scoring though, right?

Are you on three or five ball?

#104 4 years ago

Yes, everything scores correctly. 3 ball.

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Yes, everything scores correctly. 3 ball.

Rollovers score 2000, spinner 100, standups (targets I assume) 500. Weird that it wouldn't all be at least on the same score level. Unless it still uses the 5 ball settings (rollovers 200) for sound despite scoring differently? Hm.

Do the ABCD lanes make noise when lit and unlit? Is there anything else on the PF that scores 100s and makes sound?

#106 4 years ago

I'm thinking its the sound board? Aren't they nototious for failing? I cleaned the ic's, checked connectors, and erased the board connector, for the 3rd time. The rollovers in the upper pf now make sound. But i got that far before, after cleaning. They eventually fail. Spinner and standups do not make sound. Abcd does.
Yes rollovers score 2k, spinner 100 and standups 500.

#107 4 years ago

The spinner & stand up's work sometimes. When they do it is delayed. Test button on sound board produces all sounds. I'll have to live with it for now. Thanks all.

1 week later
#108 4 years ago

Can one of you guys tell me the switch numbers for the two left white drop targets and the 10,000 rollovers, and if they're on the same column / row?

2 months later
#109 4 years ago

Genie owners! Could someone do me a favor and snap a pic of the wiring to the coils on the two right flippers? I'm helping a guy get his Genie running and someone did an absolute hack job on those wires.

#110 4 years ago

Both lower right and upper right flippers.
IMAG7910 (resized).jpgIMAG7910 (resized).jpgIMAG7911 (resized).jpgIMAG7911 (resized).jpgIMAG7914 (resized).jpgIMAG7914 (resized).jpgIMAG7912 (resized).jpgIMAG7912 (resized).jpgIMAG7913 (resized).jpgIMAG7913 (resized).jpgIMAG7915 (resized).jpgIMAG7915 (resized).jpgIMAG7916 (resized).jpgIMAG7916 (resized).jpg

Hope this helps you.

#111 4 years ago

Awesome, thanks boss!

#112 4 years ago

Yes I did kick the flippers up a notch with the orange coils. The yellow ones gtb a-17875 even after rebuild flippers with full kit from Steve Young/pinball resource they just weren't flipping good. Yes I did shatter a drop target in the middle bank but needed to change the yellow star targets anyway they looked bad the sharpie stars were sad looking.

#113 4 years ago

I too was unhappy with flipper strength, but instead opted to replace the normal metal ball with a ceramic ball. Jacked the angle up and it is a new, much quicker game. Harder, but quicker. Just one more option.

Quoted from cp1610:

Yes I did kick the flippers up a notch with the orange coils. The yellow ones gtb a-17875 even after rebuild flippers with full kit from Steve Young/pinball resource they just weren't flipping good. Yes I did shatter a drop target in the middle bank but needed to change the yellow star targets anyway they looked bad the sharpie stars were sad looking.

1 month later
#114 4 years ago

are there any custom rule cards out there for Genie? this game definitely deserves some.

#115 4 years ago

Yes check @Coindroppers custom card thread. Or just use these, the should be sized correctly.
genie1small (resized).jpggenie1small (resized).jpggenie2small (resized).jpggenie2small (resized).jpg

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes check @Coindroppers custom card thread. Or just use these, the should be sized correctly.
[quoted image][quoted image]

really cool cards!
thanks !

1 month later
#117 4 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I too was unhappy with flipper strength, but instead opted to replace the normal metal ball with a ceramic ball. Jacked the angle up and it is a new, much quicker game. Harder, but quicker. Just one more option.

I did the same approach with the ceramic ball and it makes the game much faster.
What angle did you set your game to?

#118 4 years ago

Around 7.5-8.0 degrees. Seems extreme, but with the ceramic ball it reaches all corners of the game with no issue and lots of spped to spare. Transforms the game for sure, and much more enjoyable in my opinion (I like fast games). Over a year with it and nothing has broken, knock on wood.

Quoted from D8n-flipped:

I did the same approach with the ceramic ball and it makes the game much faster.
What angle did you set your game to?

4 weeks later
#119 4 years ago

Joined the club!

Does anyone have a part number for the 100mA fuse for the all in one board?

IMG_20200224_233032 (resized).jpgIMG_20200224_233032 (resized).jpg
#120 4 years ago

I'm willing to bet that if you message Pascal_J he could tell you.

1 week later
#121 4 years ago

Just sealed the deal on a Genie. Pinball rescue have said to me if I can get 15 orders for Genie apron decals they will make it. If anyone is interested please PM me your name and email. There is also a separate thread for the decal. Thanks guys. Check out www.pinballrescue.net to see prices and delivery (similar price size etc to haunted house)

#122 4 years ago

Good luck with the Genie mate, i'll miss it and look forward to seeing what you do with it.

#123 4 years ago

Just changed a yellow centre drop target and the centre switches activated by the rubbers surrounding the drop target island (triangle) no longer register. I checked all wires and switches. Everything seems to be fine. They worked before I changed the target, and all other switches work fine. Any ideas?

#124 4 years ago

Also, should there be a gate here?

15837137420428417471540100428450 (resized).jpg15837137420428417471540100428450 (resized).jpg
#126 4 years ago

Can someone snap me a pic of the gate and possibly find me a part number?

#127 4 years ago

A-17299, per page 8 of the manual

#128 4 years ago

Thanks.

I currently do not have a manual.

#129 4 years ago

I just bought this....LOL

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/17299

It's not a great design...the gate bracket acts as a knife cutting into the gate over time.

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I just bought this....LOL
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/17299
It's not a great design...the gate bracket acts as a knife cutting into the gate over time.

Hmm. I was going to make my own. I guess I'll make more than one.

#131 4 years ago

Hi Genie peeps, what a good price for a Genie these days in decent condition. Anything I should look out for (impossible to find parts IE lockbar) when shopping around?

1 week later
#132 4 years ago

Joined the club today. This was one of the first pins I ever played, definitely one the best from that era

3E63C11F-1AAF-4FE3-97D0-8149D0AF0B4B (resized).jpeg3E63C11F-1AAF-4FE3-97D0-8149D0AF0B4B (resized).jpeg9F19BBB5-3F55-4A7B-90F8-FCA5B7AAAC1E (resized).jpeg9F19BBB5-3F55-4A7B-90F8-FCA5B7AAAC1E (resized).jpeg
#133 4 years ago

Left the club yesterday as kimbleseven s new machine left on it's way to him. Hope to buy it back once restored and playing like it should.

#134 4 years ago

Does anybody know the specs on the original legs? It appears I have Bally legs (Grey) but not sure. This Pics and flyer I see show chrome. They also seem a little long, not sure if the measurements are available somewhere

#135 4 years ago

I'm sure PBR can tell you exactly what it should have

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Does anybody know the specs on the original legs? It appears I have Bally legs (Grey) but not sure. This Pics and flyer I see show chrome. They also seem a little long, not sure if the measurements are available somewhere

Mine are grey 28.5" from bottom to the top.
-Mike

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Mine are grey 28.5" from bottom to the top.
-Mike

Thanks Griz, yeah that’s what I have. Doesn’t look like much was messed with on this pin, so wasn’t sure.

Now I just need to figure out the Sound board and Ill be good to go

#138 4 years ago

Can somebody post a picture of your stock coin box for Genie? Also if you know where to find one, let me know

Thanks

1 week later
#139 4 years ago

Wanna kick some ass in a Genie tournament?

Hey guys, I'm trying to set up an online tournament for next Friday (April 17th), and I'm trying to recruit participants that have one of the games I have. I'm going to be posting this in each of the forums for the games I own, so I apologize in advance if you get this more than once.

The tournament would be on a single game and take place over zoom. It sounds like it could be a hell of a good time.

Please head over here for info: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/online-tournament-over-zoom-#post-5587755

2 weeks later
#140 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Wanna kick some ass in a Genie tournament?
Hey guys, I'm trying to set up an online tournament for next Friday (April 17th), and I'm trying to recruit participants that have one of the games I have. I'm going to be posting this in each of the forums for the games I own, so I apologize in advance if you get this more than once.
The tournament would be on a single game and take place over zoom. It sounds like it could be a hell of a good time.
Please head over here for info: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/online-tournament-over-zoom-#post-5587755

how was the tournament? sounded like fun.

1 month later
#141 3 years ago

does anyone have a link to the parts list for Genie or happen to know the part number for the Coin Entry Plate?
I didn't see it in the manual.

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from D8n-flipped:

does anyone have a link to the parts list for Genie or happen to know the part number for the Coin Entry Plate?
I didn't see it in the manual.

I just ordered one of these from Pinball Resource. GTB-C16566+
The red translucent plate, correct?

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

I just ordered one of these from Pinball Resource. GTB-C16566+
The red translucent plate, correct?

awesome! that's it! thanks!

#144 3 years ago

Anybody make any cool inserts for the coin area for freeplay? like a logo? Reinstalled the lighting in mine and took out the credit button in one. Now I have two nice orange tinted squares

2 months later
#145 3 years ago

What are the preferred coils for the pop bumpers? And are they all the same?

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

What are the preferred coils for the pop bumpers? And are they all the same?

All the coils are listed in the playboard solenoids schematic in the manual. Top bumpers are A-1496, bottom is A-5194

1 month later
#147 3 years ago

Anybody have thoughts as to why the upper right mini flipper on Genie would stop flipping?
kids beat the machine up with their button smashing last week .
i checked the wires, switch and coil but found nothing.
thanks.

#148 3 years ago

checked the switch on the lower flipper that controls it?

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I'll bet thats the winning answer....same issue I've had a few times.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

thanks, i'll check that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genie-owners-club/page/3?hl=d8n-flipped and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.