Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cabuford
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I need some help. My husband left my Genie machine turned on for about 2 hours downstairs. I came down and realized he hadn’t turned it off, so turned it off. Went to play it today......turned it on and made a weird noise, then says game over and tilt. Also, the play field won’t work or light up at all. If you hit the start button, it will still let you choose the number of players and begin a game, but with no sound or play field.

Wondering if he burned something up by leaving it on.....any ideas?

#2 4 years ago

Check the fuses at bottom of cabinet.

#3 4 years ago

None look burned or black.

But it’s gotta be a fuse right?

#4 4 years ago

Fuses can go bad but still look like they’re new. Use a multimeter to check or swap out a fuse for a new fuse to see if there’s a difference. There should be a fuse under the playfield for the playfield power. I dont own any system 1 games but most pins of this generation have the playfield power fuse under the playfield

#5 4 years ago

I will check, thanks.

#6 4 years ago

My Genie stays on all day every day. They are designed to do this. I do have the power save activated on the pascal board to stop the attract mode sounds all day but all my machines are on 16 hours a day at least. Don't stress at him for leaving it on, coincidence.
Hope you find the problem, great machine to play.

#7 4 years ago

Lol thanks.

#8 4 years ago

Check the Game Over and Tilt relays on the bottom of the playfield. They are mechanical like older EMs and have many switches to turn off play field lights, etc. Possible not getting reset at new game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterbury, CT
$ 2,000.00
Playfields
Trident Pinball Homebrew
Playfields
$ 5.95
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Cabinet parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genie-not-working-now?hl=cabuford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.