(Topic ID: 149212)

GENIE no game play sounds

By pinballman3

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballman3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I have a genie pinball that has never had the game play sounds. I have done all kinds of testing and replacing and have concluded it has to be on the cpu. All the sounds not associated with the cpu work. Like attract, tilt, game over ect. I have read somewhere that it is probably a bad 7404N chip on the cpu. I have these chips now. Does anyone know which chips of the 5 on the board would be associated with the sounds? Thanks for any help.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks grumpy. Is there a link to show how to check these chips and what you are looking for. I have a logic probe but no experience using it.

#5 8 years ago

Thanks grumpy i will try that tomorrow and report back.

#6 8 years ago

Ok i got them tested. One of the chips tested out perfect like you said it should. The other 4 chips where not right. 2 of them had a couple of when it was suppose to be high would have the low light come on a little and also one pin had nothing. Ok on the other 2 they had pins that the high and low came on pretty bright at the same time. On one 1a had nothing where 1y was high. Does this make sense?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballman3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genie-no-game-play-sounds?tu=pinballman3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.