• Latest reply 10 years ago by Gerry
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-402.jpg
earflap2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball4life.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, but it is called greed.
Nothing wrong with a little profit, but when you are trying to more than double your money it is tacky to bring it to the community. Esp the community that has helped you to price check the games and helped you trouble shoot and fix them up.
Seems more and more poeple have this plan:
1. Find games and ask for Pinside advice on purchase since you are unable to use the internet to decide for youeself.
2. Based on Pinside advice, negotiate a good purchase price
3. Games need fixing but you have no idea how to fix them so come ask pinside how to fix
4. Do a few minor things (but not all the things because that would take more time and $) based on pinside advice to fix and ramble on about how you can't wait to get a few more games (insinuating you are investing more time and energy into this hobby and not just fly by night)
5. 1 month later, attempt to double your profit directly to pinside even though they are the people that helped you get the games and gave you tips on fixing them up.
Pretty shitty IMHO to use the community for your advantage when I am guessing it was your plan the entire time.

Really? Sounds good to me. People can say no or better yet, why respond at all unless you truly want it. If I want a game bad enough, I will do what is necessary to buy it. I love the responses around here to people that sell....wish I lived closer, I would buy it in a heartbeat...wish you would ship, would have bought otherwise...you bought it for $1000 and you want $1300 for it, outrageous...etc. Never seen so many posts in a forum stating reasons why someone won't buy a game...they only make a seller feel bad which is why I don't post games here that I have for sale...never have. If you don't have something nice to say.....

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

To Flank, and others..
Love ya Flank...
But your wrong here...
If i got a MM for free, or near free, i certainly wouldnt give it to somebody else for free...
Lets be realistic...
I hope the guys makes a bit and gets the value of the machine for the condition its in...
I'm sure he has lost his ass on a few others in the past...
Everybody deserves to make a bit now and then, it always goes back in the hobby anyway...
No greed here, just reality...
Carry on !

Well said!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterbury, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball4life.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genie-in-good-shape-for-sale-fort-collins-co?tu=pinball4life and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.