8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Allsystmgo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 months ago

Looking for some direction to help a friend fix his Genie. He is over 4 hours away so I really need to have anything that I may need onhand before I make the trip. His left flipper vibrates or rapid fires loudly when pressed and his drops do not reset. I helped get it working last year and this is a new development. Here is the video he sent me. All his boards are new repros. Any help is greatly appreciated!

#3 8 months ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

That switch was not adjusted right and I would say that due to the arcing of electricity it probably cut grooves into the contact point of switch.
You might get a way with cleaning and re-adjusting or a new leaf switch.
-Mike

Do you think this is related to the drops not resetting? Not sure what knocked it out of alignment, since it was working well not too long ago.
Thanks for the reply!

1 week later
#9 8 months ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Could be a broken hold winding on the flipper coil.

Could be a bad fuse, broken coil wire, a bad coil, a bad transistor or bad connectors.

Thanks. I make sure to to have all those onhand before the trip.

#10 8 months ago
Quoted from woz:

EOS switch should be normally closed and open when the flipper is actuated. Something doesn't look right with that EOS assembly (hard to tell from video but it doesn't look like it is the correct Gottlieb style switch)

Video is rough and low quality, but I had it fully working last year so I assume it has been bumped or bent if it is out now.

#13 8 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

5 amp slo blow fuse on the bottom board? For drop target issue.

Possibly. I will have those onhand as well. I would just hate to make the trip and need a cheap part but not have it. Thanks for all the input. I am getting better with repairs thanks to the tech help on pinside but still so much to learn.

#14 8 months ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Have your friend place a piece of paper in the EOS contacts. Turn on the pin and start a game. Hold the flipper button in and then lift the flipper bat, does it stay up? If it doesn't stay up the coil hold winding is broken, if it stays up then the switch needs adjusting.

Ok! I am texting him this to see what he says. Oddly enough, I ran into him at a gas station in Girdwood yesterday, about halfway between is both. We were both heading in opposite directions. I have often heard people up here say "Alaska is a small town". Guess thats why.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 289.00
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 8.40
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 17.00
$ 6,450.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 9.99
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 35.00
$ 69.00
$ 16.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside