Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Allsystmgo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 months ago

Looking for some direction to help a friend fix his Genie. He is over 4 hours away so I really need to have anything that I may need onhand before I make the trip. His left flipper vibrates or rapid fires loudly when pressed and his drops do not reset. I helped get it working last year and this is a new development. Here is the video he sent me. All his boards are new repros. Any help is greatly appreciated!

#2 7 months ago

That switch was not adjusted right and I would say that due to the arcing of electricity it probably cut grooves into the contact point of switch.
You might get a way with cleaning and re-adjusting or a new leaf switch.
-Mike

#3 7 months ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

That switch was not adjusted right and I would say that due to the arcing of electricity it probably cut grooves into the contact point of switch.
You might get a way with cleaning and re-adjusting or a new leaf switch.
-Mike

Do you think this is related to the drops not resetting? Not sure what knocked it out of alignment, since it was working well not too long ago.
Thanks for the reply!

#4 7 months ago

The drops not resetting is probably it's on issue. I would first think that the mpu is not recognizing the drops are down. Also food for thought if it's possible.. Is there a setting on the mpu that can either reset or not reset drops in game play and in between balls played. Just guessing as I'm not there to tinker with it.

-Mike

1 week later
#5 7 months ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

The drops not resetting is probably it's on issue. I would first think that the mpu is not recognizing the drops are down. Also food for thought if it's possible.. Is there a setting on the mpu that can either reset or not reset drops in game play and in between balls played. Just guessing as I'm not there to tinker with it.
-Mike

Drop targets on mine won't reset also.. I changed 2 amp slo-blo fuse but still not resetting. Any ideas welcome.

#6 7 months ago
Quoted from Tomass:

His left flipper vibrates or rapid fires

Could be a broken hold winding on the flipper coil.

Quoted from Tomass:

his drops do not reset.

Could be a bad fuse, broken coil wire, a bad coil, a bad transistor or bad connectors.

#7 7 months ago

EOS switch should be normally closed and open when the flipper is actuated. Something doesn't look right with that EOS assembly (hard to tell from video but it doesn't look like it is the correct Gottlieb style switch)

#8 7 months ago

Do the drop targets reset at start of game?

#9 7 months ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Could be a broken hold winding on the flipper coil.

Could be a bad fuse, broken coil wire, a bad coil, a bad transistor or bad connectors.

Thanks. I make sure to to have all those onhand before the trip.

#10 7 months ago
Quoted from woz:

EOS switch should be normally closed and open when the flipper is actuated. Something doesn't look right with that EOS assembly (hard to tell from video but it doesn't look like it is the correct Gottlieb style switch)

Video is rough and low quality, but I had it fully working last year so I assume it has been bumped or bent if it is out now.

#11 7 months ago

5 amp slo blow fuse on the bottom board? For drop target issue.

#12 7 months ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Video is rough and low quality, but I had it fully working last year so I assume it has been bumped or bent if it is out now.

Have your friend place a piece of paper in the EOS contacts. Turn on the pin and start a game. Hold the flipper button in and then lift the flipper bat, does it stay up? If it doesn't stay up the coil hold winding is broken, if it stays up then the switch needs adjusting.

#13 7 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Possibly. I will have those onhand as well. I would just hate to make the trip and need a cheap part but not have it. Thanks for all the input. I am getting better with repairs thanks to the tech help on pinside but still so much to learn.

#14 7 months ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Have your friend place a piece of paper in the EOS contacts. Turn on the pin and start a game. Hold the flipper button in and then lift the flipper bat, does it stay up? If it doesn't stay up the coil hold winding is broken, if it stays up then the switch needs adjusting.

Ok! I am texting him this to see what he says. Oddly enough, I ran into him at a gas station in Girdwood yesterday, about halfway between is both. We were both heading in opposite directions. I have often heard people up here say "Alaska is a small town". Guess thats why.

#15 7 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Drop target fuse 2A Slo-blo is mounted on underside of playfield.

#16 6 months ago
Quoted from woz:

Drop target fuse 2A Slo-blo is mounted on underside of playfield.

What most likely causes this fuse to blow ? thanks

#17 6 months ago
Quoted from Allsystmgo:

What most likely causes this fuse to blow ? thanks

Fatigue, aging
Blown transistor or drive circuit
Shorted or low resistance coil

1 month later
#18 5 months ago

Thank you.. may be the knocker coil. Tested it and time for a new one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 8.40
$ 289.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Senoia, GA
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Stuff
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 26.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
£ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside