• Latest reply 1 year ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15688219426554147376893936718266 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Does anyone have a pic of what the game over relay should look like on Gottlieb Genie ? When game starts the tilt relay has snap to it but game over relay seems stuck. Thanks

15688219426554147376893936718266 (resized).jpg15688219426554147376893936718266 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

I can get a picture if you want but I'm not sure how it'll help? If the relay is acting weak it's probably not something visible that easily... What do you mean it seems stuck?

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I can get a picture if you want but I'm not sure how it'll help? If the relay is acting weak it's probably not something visible that easily... What do you mean it seems stuck?

Seems like upon start up the two relays should click but the "game over" barely moves. Wonder if fins are out of place or like you said coil may be weak. When I removed coil the top of the relay doesn't move or click back and forth easily.
The machine has two issues one is drop targets don't reset ( the 2 amp slo blow fuse keeps blowing) and the top segment on all digital scores do not illuminate ( 0 looks like U , 7 looks like 1 Ect..). Thanks for responding. That game does play fine otherwise

#4 4 years ago

By 'upon start up' do you mean turning the machine on, or starting a game

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

By 'upon start up' do you mean turning the machine on, or starting a game

Turning the machine on.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Allsystmgo:

Turning the machine on.

#7 4 years ago

The game over relay shouldn't really energize until you start a game. System 1's sometimes do that quick click at power on, but I'm not sure if it's actually intentional or means anything

3 years later
#8 1 year ago

I’m having an issue with my Genie.
Game has tilt and game over lights on after powering up. If I start a game nothing works expect the switches. No lights and solenoids.
I can feel the tilt relay pulling in and is energized. If I pull it out manually everything turns on.
Is the tilt relay being energized bc I have an issue with one of the four tilt switches?
I’ve looked them over and they appear to be normally closed switches.
I’m kinda stumped at this point. What causes the tilt relay to close?

#9 1 year ago

If the game is scoring when you hit things, then it's not actually in tilt. Sounds like your tilt relay is locked on for some reason. Either a short or a bad transistor/chip on the driver board. Does the game work properly if you disconnect the tilt relay coil?

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

If the game is scoring when you hit things, then it's not actually in tilt. Sounds like your tilt relay is locked on for some reason. Either a short or a bad transistor/chip on the driver board. Does the game work properly if you disconnect the tilt relay coil?

The game scores after starting and the outhole coil and drop target coil work.
Looks like pop bumpers and flippers do not and all the lights are off too. When I pull the tilt relay off manually the lights come on and the flippers work again.

I’m not sure how to disconnect the tilt relay.
Just remove the wires on the coil??

#11 1 year ago

Yeah just remove the wire going to the coil. That'll let the game play at least, it just won't stop playing if you tilt. Sounds like you probably have a bad transistor on the driver board or something

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genie-game-over-relay?hl=allsystmgo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.