4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider genieye.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hello, I just picked up a Genie pinball machine that is in pretty fair working condition. There were no main issues until a day or so after I brought it home (isn't that always the way?) The main problem is with the flippers. At first the two main flippers were great in fact the left one seemed too powerful while the corresponding flippers up top are pretty weak. You have to catch the ball perfectly with a good push to provide the power to take down the targets. Then within a day of playing the bottom left flipper started a high speed fluttering and would cause the machine to shut down like a tilt if it was continually pressed. Fine for a day then it started. Every now and then it will be ok briefly then goes back to fluttering. I tried filing the contacts and looked at all the connections and still no luck. I know these assemblies should be rebuilt but is there anything I can try first to get it up and playing while I order parts. Also I have done a bit of searching and have come across Marco, Pinball Resource, K's Arcade.net as places to buy parts but was wondering if those are the best or if there are some other places to check out.

Hey we all are new to a forum sometime and this is my first machine. I have always wanted a Genie since the 80's. I hope I can get it playing somewhere close to the way it was then. I appreciate anyone's help and look forward to being a part of this forum. Thanks

#5 4 years ago

Thanks for all the quick replies. Would a bad coil also cause the machine to quite the game and to return like Game Over? I was able to play without issue then the machine gunning started. I hope that is not a symptom of a bigger issue.

#6 4 years ago

I wanted to send a quick followup and thank you to all the helped me. I found an extra coil in the things the previous owner provided me, soldered in in place, and it works great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider genieye.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genie-flipper-help?tu=genieye and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.