Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7372 (resized).jpg
IMG_7371 (resized).JPG
IMG_7360 (resized).JPG
IMG_7361 (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

The last time I posted a Long Shot switch question it got answered right away so I thought I would throw another issue out to those with tremendous knowledge of these Gottlieb Sys 1's. The Genie has a new Ni-Wumpf CPU and new Gottlieb Driver.

The Special Lite does not come on when the 4 Red Drop Targets are dropped manually as they do not not reset the targets as it should when all 4 red targets are down. I did a Ni-Wumpf switch test and all the switches except the 3rd one has a reading so something is wrong with the switch or wiring. All the wiring looks great and the switches open and close properly when the targets drop and reset.

The last issue I was helped with was the wiring configuration of the 2 switches on the bottom of the upper target box. I know these switches come into play with the Extra Ball but are they involved in the Red Target/Special circuit? If it was a bad pin I believe from the schematic it would effect more than just this problem.

Here are a couple photos of the bottom switches. As you can see the R switch has 2 orange/black wires on it and a purple jumper that goes to the L switches far left terminal and 2 green/orange wires the inside terminal. is that correct and do these switches even come into play with this problem?

Thanks to all who chime in to help.
IMG_7360 (resized).JPGIMG_7360 (resized).JPGIMG_7361 (resized).JPGIMG_7361 (resized).JPG

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Genieye:

The last time I posted a Long Shot switch question it got answered right away so I thought I would throw another issue out to those with tremendous knowledge of these Gottlieb Sys 1's. The Genie has a new Ni-Wumpf CPU and new Gottlieb Driver.
The Special Lite does not come on when the 4 Red Drop Targets are dropped. I did a Ni-Wumpf switch test and all the switches except the 3rd one has a reading so something is wrong with the switch or wiring. All the wiring looks great and the switches open and close properly when the targets drop and reset.
The last issue I was helped with was the wiring configuration of the 2 switches on the bottom of the upper target box. I know these switches come into play with the Extra Ball but are they involved in the Red Target/Special circuit? If it was a bad pin I believe from the schematic it would effect more than just this problem.
Here are a couple photos of the bottom switches. As you can see the R switch has 2 orange/black wires on it and a purple jumper that goes to the L switches far left terminal and 2 green/orange wires the inside terminal. is that correct and do these switches even come into play with this problem?
Thanks to all who chime in to help.[quoted image][quoted image]

It has to be in the wiring as the Orange/Green wire that is on the last Red Target switch is the same as what is on the L switch underneath the box. This has to be the problem but need a wire map to get them right as these suckers are hard to get to!!

Here is my map showing how it is wired which is probably the issue here. I sure hope someone can pinpoint what is wrong. Thanks!
IMG_7371 (resized).JPGIMG_7371 (resized).JPG

IMG_7372 (resized).jpgIMG_7372 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterbury, CT
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genie-3rd-upper-red-target-special-lite-issue?hl=genieye and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.