8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sys80B_Ground_Mod3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steamfitter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I have a genesis that won't boot , bought from a guy that stored it in his unheated garage . I have playfield lights , back head lights , no sound ( but when there's no power going to mpu I have the background music ) . Did grd mods , repinned all molex connection , changed bridge rectifiers and capacitor . Getting 5.1 to mpu . Where to now . Tks

#3 8 years ago

I'll double check .tks

#7 8 years ago

Yes , under load I'm getting 4.86 . How do I raise it without going over ?

#13 8 years ago

I will have to check the sister board , you can see the solder has been reflowed but maybe they did not do a good job . Everething else has been done , if that does not work should I get the old board fixed or replace it with a new one ? He's like $80 an hr plus parts . Tks

1 week later
#14 8 years ago

Hi , pinsider's finally got work done on the sister board , removed old solder from sister board and noticed there was like a cavity where the pin goes through the board , nothing to solder to . So I scraped the green coating off the silver strip and soldered the pin to the strip . Had to do a few like that . And it still doesn't boot. Do I need new sister board ?
Can the machine boot without display board ?
I'm getting 5 v at mpu but display board is not getting right voltage . Getting on on display board pin #1should be 6.2v ac getting 2.1 pin #2 6.2v ac return getting 6.5 pin #3 32v ac getting 29 pin #4 32v as return getting 5.07 . Do I have power issues ?

Tks
Dennis

#15 8 years ago

How do I check the transformer ?

#17 8 years ago

Sending CPU board to get checked

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steamfitter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genesis-wont-boot?tu=steamfitter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.