ww4.jpg
ww6.jpg
ww3.jpg
ww2.jpg
ww1.jpg
gen6.jpg
gen2.jpg
gen5.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eeperjesi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

I own a genesis I got cheap enough and my wife plunked a boatload of quarters into that machine as a kid, so for that reason it's not going anywhere anytime soon. I do enjoy the game, but it is not very deep at all. Light the body parts, hit the vari-target, repeat. It does get old. I have never played a waterworld, but I hated that movie so it could be the best pin on the planet, but I'll never know. I have been looking for a slightly more expensive game with a better ruleset than genesis because I don't want to dive into a multi-thousand dollar pin just yet. What game of yours is on the chopping block?

#10 9 years ago

I think part of my issue with my game is that I want to do a full shop to it, but don't have my workspace set up to do that yet. My flippers need a rebuild and I am eagerly awaiting freeplay's repro ramps. I need some parts and plastics as well, and until I get it done, I won't be as in love with the game as I could be. For now, it works as a player's machine and is fully functional. I am a little bit obsessive so I don't know that I'll ever be truly happy until it's cleared and tricked out with leds, under cabinet rope lights, lighted flipper buttons, and it is pitched super high to get the action nice and fast. All in all that seems to me like putting 20" rims on an 89 camry, so who knows if I'll ever actually do it.

#18 9 years ago

I can't speak for the waterworld, but the genesis is missing just about every plastic, there is wear above the monster, probably because of the lack of gasket and screws holding the plastic flush with the playfield. The ramps look like they have a great fix and protection, given the tendency for those to break. And is the apron just...missing?

#21 9 years ago

There are two plastic sets. The majority of them are in set 1, which is available online. The second set I can't find, but haven't looked that hard. The wear is negligible and easy enough to fix. The apron, if missing, may be easy enough to replace. The rest of the game, the bg, ramps, playfield, pops, and metal look like they were well maintained. I would trade mine for this one in a second. Just in case my last post seemed too critical.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Wanted
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eeperjesi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genesis-vs-waterworld?tu=eeperjesi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.