• 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by 20eyes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Anyone seen this specific problem before? Half my sounds will not play when I turn the game on. If I press the reset button on the sound board they will work until I shut the game off again. The SW1 switch does not make a sound until after pressing the SW2 reset switch. Bottom cabinet and backbox ground mods have been installed. All original boards. Only work I’ve done to the boards since receiving the game is install ground mods and replace a failing 5V regulator on the power supply board with the big heatsink. It otherwise boots and plays beautifully.

#2 4 years ago

Things it's not... reset board (disconnected, still persists), MPU daughter card (re-soldered, game would crash if I touched it but now working fine).

This behavior seems to persist no matter where I trace the signals. Every once it awhile, it works at boot but mostly it doesn't. It seems pretty obivous the reset circuit isn't doing it's job on power up but I'm not really finding anything outlining this circuit, in the manual, other then a 1N270 diode soldered directly on the "reset board" socket, and I've unplugged that. Am I looking in the wrong place?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genesis-system-80b-half-sounds-missing?tu=jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.