image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
2016-03-24_13.47.26_(resized).jpg
IMAG1687_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 9 years ago

Original unmodified ramps on my machine, as far as I'm aware:

IMAG5905_zps9b06081e.jpg~original.jpgIMAG5905_zps9b06081e.jpg~original.jpg
IMAG5904_zps154c0e6b.jpg~original.jpgIMAG5904_zps154c0e6b.jpg~original.jpg

Todd's staff @ TNT made these protectors (screenshots from one of his Genesis videos), though I'm not sure how I feel about having to drill holes through the ramps in order to secure the protectors. I'd rather see a solution that didn't require a permanent modification.

vlcsnap-2014-10-20-02h19m00s22.pngvlcsnap-2014-10-20-02h19m00s22.png
vlcsnap-2014-10-20-02h19m58s161.pngvlcsnap-2014-10-20-02h19m58s161.png
vlcsnap-2014-10-20-02h20m14s78.pngvlcsnap-2014-10-20-02h20m14s78.png
vlcsnap-2014-10-20-02h20m26s189.pngvlcsnap-2014-10-20-02h20m26s189.png

(Screenshots starting at 1:25):

Another alternative that they came up with (seen at 3:15):

I can take some more photos of my machine this weekend if you want additional reference photos. Let me know what angles you'd like to see.

I was actually considering trying my hand at reproducing these ramps since I ended up with a set that were intact. But if you're already well on your way, it doesn't look like I'll need to

#29 9 years ago

Could you sand the underside of the PETG ramp with fine grit sandpaper (1500, maybe?) and use an airbrush to paint?

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

While the stock ramps look pretty good in the game, I'm sure that most of you would be shocked when you removed them and got a good look at the underside. The factory paint job really looks more like a fast light dusting.

Yeah, I was surprised at how bad they looked up close. I wasn't expecting to see that.

On mine, the paint job is very uneven--in certain areas, I can almost see right through it.

4 months later
#99 9 years ago

Those are looking pretty slick

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

sweet. I think I want clear but I would love to see how much of the playfield "machinery" will be exposed due to their transparency. Can you ask Chris to take some snaps regarding this? This is so awesome that you can do this type of stuff to help out nerds like me.

For one thing, a player would be blinded by the flashes with the clear ramps. There are 4 flashers without diffusers or colored caps under the ramps, since the ramps basically act as the diffusers.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

on a side note....
now that my game will have perfect ramps, the last thing it needs is the paper that surrounds the metal chick under the playfield. my paper tabs are gone and need a repro BAD!
Anyone have any scans or a lead on one?

I was considering scanning mine and doing something with it once I tore down the playfield (no idea when I'll be getting to that, though). Not only are the tabs on mine ripped, but there is a rip between the rectangular windows on one side.

I wonder if you could cut the proper shape out in the same plastic material used by the white fuse cover, then put a decal sticker on that.

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

Honestly....I think these are the most needed ramps in pinball due to the fact the originals are almost always damaged, it's a dual set and the uniqueness of the design and color! Too bad Steve Young has no more Genesis NOS Playfields or potential owners could really do a clean restore!

Supposedly, he was "thinking about" re-making them, according to Todd Tuckey (mentioned in a couple of his Genesis videos). But there's no telling how far along that actually is or if it ever got past the "thinking" stage.

#209 9 years ago

All of them look pretty sharp. Thanks for sharing

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from dankme:

Pam at pinbits is very nice. Just email her and she will make more if people want them.

I just sent in an inquiry. My playfield window is usable, but it's got some scratches, and has some cracks around the screw holes. I can live with it if I have to, but a new one would be nice

#281 9 years ago

Something tells me the price of the pin is going to creep up slightly now that new ramps are available...

#292 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

This game is like Laser War, the translite keeps anyone from taking it seriously. But playing it proves otherwise. Dunno why so many people poo-poo this game. It has clear goals and rules that anyone can easily understand (just like Laser War). It has the one more game factor going as you want to complete the robot. Granted, it isn't the most complex game, but it is also 1986, it is on par with other games of the time period. Now someone sell me theirs!

I ended up replacing mine with the alternate that's available since the original stands out like a sore thumb, and since my was badly yellowed anyway. The first time I saw this pin, I saw it with the alternate translite, which I thought was stock, until I saw on IPDB that it actually wasn't.

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

These things are awesome. Crystal clear, sturdy and they fit right in like stock. This is very impressive work man!!!
Massive difference in the appearance of this game. I put 2 new balls in and they look friggin sweet traveling up those clear ramps. Another thing I love is that the clear reflects the color from the body parts lights on the backboard. The more you light up the cooler it looks. Its subtle but way cool. Someone had also mentioned a green ramp for the legs shot and a blue ramp for the arms shot. Interesting idea. Check out the spots I put in. Same idea but you don't lose the effect of the clear. Green spot on the right, blue spot on the left. Again very subtle but adds nice accents and a bit more light to my "new" Genesis pinball machine.
"For sale: old, brittle, cracked f'n crappy purple ramps" They are actually usable if anyone want them cheap.
RB

20150318_003634.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150318_011540.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150318_011629.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

They sure look sharp in your game.

I wonder how frosted ramps might look.

#315 9 years ago

I would imagine the frosting would get all wonky after forming, so it would probably have to be applied afterwards.

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Were they normally smoked or clear?

Smoked, which is why they have been difficult to track down. If they were clear, pretty much anyone could cut their own as long as they had a template to work with.

1 week later
#410 9 years ago

Now that the new ramps have been churned out, does anyone know if cliffy's protectors are ready, or are they still undergoing testing?

#418 9 years ago

If you have to charge more for it, I'm sure folks would be ok with it.

1 month later
#484 8 years ago

Genesis plays Bach's Toccatta & Fugue.

7 months later
#535 8 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Where did you get those pop bumper caps from???

PBResource started reproducing them a few months back.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genesis-ramps?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.