image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
2016-03-24_13.47.26_(resized).jpg
IMAG1687_(resized).jpg

There are 611 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.
#351 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

MustangPaul is a genuine Pinball enthusiast (not a paid actor) and in no way was compensated for his post!

Sorry if I sound like a broken record it's just that I know quality when I see it.

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sorry if I sound like a broken record it's just that I know quality when I see it.

I appreciate the support!!!!

#353 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I forth the notion! High speed and space station owners everywhere are super fortunate to have Mark (Freeplay40) fighting in their corner... I bought both of those ramps... Absolutely perfect; durability, color, and installation... 4 cheers!!!!

#355 9 years ago

Were they normally smoked or clear?

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Were they normally smoked or clear?

Smoked, which is why they have been difficult to track down. If they were clear, pretty much anyone could cut their own as long as they had a template to work with.

#357 9 years ago

If it's smoked I'd guess it is acrylic which would be a good choice in this case as it can be easily polished. Smoke acrylic is readily available at most plastic suppliers... out west here we have a store called Tap Plastics. A 3/16" thick (guessing) 16" x 20" piece runs just under $23. You could do three of them for about $18 a piece.

#358 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Smoked, which is why they have been difficult to track down. If they were clear, pretty much anyone could cut their own as long as they had a template to work with.

Also the fact, it's suppose to conceal the mystery under playfield. Hence, opaque.

#359 9 years ago

Just installed ramps and did led swap over...WOW!!! video tonite.

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Also the fact, it's suppose to conceal the mystery under playfield. Hence, opaque.

opaque would be very unrewarding lol... clear or tinted slightly purple would look cool. The mystery is concealed by the rotating cover

#362 9 years ago

Just ordered the pinbits window - it comes with the washers too, which is nice. Will post pics when i put it in.

#363 9 years ago

Got my new ramps in the mail, and ordered a playfield window! I'm going to be on vacation, so won't have a chance to install anything until I get back, but will be taking detailed progress photos of the restore. Will probably order some LEDs so they'll be here when I get back. Looking forward to seeing this game shine!

#364 9 years ago

All the aftermarket vendors should kiss Marks (you know what) for all the sales his ramps generate for them.

#365 9 years ago

I got my ramps in mail today.
I went with clear,they look great.
Thanks again for doing this Mark, people like you
Make this hobby cool.

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

All the aftermarket vendors should kiss Marks (you know what) for all the sales his ramps generate for them.

I agree. I hadn't put any money in my genesis.
Now with new ramps I going to order LEDs, pinbit window, and a bunch from pbr.my 600 game is turning into a little money pit.oh well such a good game deserves it.

#367 9 years ago
Quoted from insaneinthedrain:

I agree. I hadn't put any money in my Genesis.
Now with new ramps I going to order LEDs, pinbit window, and a bunch from pbr.my 600 game is turning into a little money pit.oh well such a good game deserves it.

add to that the demand for the game has increased. I see it here in the wtb areas

#368 9 years ago

So... I am about to do away with the list except for those that have delayed their purchase for various reasons, like travel.

I am going to make enough ramps to cover all that I'm sure want a set....and then I am going to move on to the next project. This does not mean these ramps are finished. I will make more in the future if there is demand, but turnaround will likely be slower. I have been in communication with all but one on my list and honestly I'm not sure where I got his name to put on the list so I am deleting it. If I missed you somehow and you have not heard from me, let me know and I will accommodate. My brother from Costa Rica is visiting beginning Friday, so things will certainly slow down for a couple weeks.

Thanks to all who have purchased and the wonderful support.

#369 9 years ago

Yay! Bring on the SOF ramps!

#370 9 years ago

Great Job Freeplay40
You have made and changed history forever! (lol) Genesis machines will never be the same...

#371 9 years ago

Wow cant believe your already done. I wanted to post some pics of mine finished to help you sell some more but you built and sent mine to my house so damn fast that im not even halfway finished with the game. Freeplay is the man! dont think twice about purchasing ramps from him, great comunication and prompt service. Thanks again

#372 9 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Wow cant believe your already done. I wanted to post some pics of mine finished to help you sell some more but you built and sent mine to my house so damn fast that im not even halfway finished with the game. Freeplay is the man! dont think twice about purchasing ramps from him, great comunication and prompt service. Thanks again

I'm sure there will be more that want these, and a lot of those additional sales is easily attributable to all of you who publicly supported me. Can't say thanks enough. Was a long tough road on these but I'm glad I stuck with it. I've only shown these on Pinside and I'm going to leave it that way for now..WHEW!

#373 9 years ago

Meant to post that I got the ramps and I would say the quality is every bit as good as pinballinc's ramps. And that's saying a lot.
Great product and thanks for your work on these!

#374 9 years ago

Batman Forever needs repro ramps pretty bad as well. They always seem to be in bad shape. Even clear ones would be welcome.

#375 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I've only shown these on Pinside

Mark,

I did post a link on FB some time ago, in the Pinball Enthusiasts group. Most of the interested folks there have probably already jumped in.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#376 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Mark,
I did post a link on FB some time ago, in the Pinball Enthusiasts group. Most of the interested folks there have probably already jumped in.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

Thanks, Chris. Probably a couple there that jumped on the wagon. The big push is now done, but orders continue to come. I am forming over the next couple days to cover everyone I know of that still wants them. Then will likely form up a few extra clears. Nice to be getting ahead of the curve on this one!

#377 9 years ago

my BF ramp is pretty minty, but I agree they usually crack up top where the wireform attaches.

#378 9 years ago

Talk about being in the right place at the right time ,some poor sap is going to need ramps 10 years from now and all they are going to find is this thread !!

I consider my self lucky , i bought a genesis that was huo since 1990 and not the good kind (beat to shit) then found this thread and got ramps within weeks of getting the machine ! Thanks again freeplay40

#379 9 years ago
Quoted from lockednlit:

Talk about being in the right place at the right time ,some poor sap is going to need ramps 10 years from now and all they are going to find is this thread !!
I consider my self lucky , i bought a Genesis that was huo since 1990 and not the good kind (beat to shit) then found this thread and got ramps within weeks of getting the machine ! Thanks again freeplay40

Yup ya never know what your gonna find on Pinside.

#380 9 years ago

Pm sent.

#381 9 years ago

Here is a short video of my Genesis with Freeplays new ramps, Cliffy protectors, LED's. The clear bumpers over power my camera but look great in person. I went with blue GI just around the top and then transitioned into white toward the lower part of the screen. Notice the modded life force area. Purple flashers under ramps are unbelievable but they overpower camera so I didn't record them this go-round!

#382 9 years ago

looks good dude! I put in 8 smd tower flashers and they are oppressive. Then the game kicked my ass as usual. It's incredible how brutal this game is.

Used green and blue to match the feature lights. Looks cool but I might have to scale them back a bit. I got some purples and reds to. I will monkey around with it and see what looks best to me

#383 9 years ago

Yea Genesis is tough...my multiballs are a struggle especially with those damn kicker targets!!!

#384 9 years ago

my window.screws/screw holes need work. i have tried a bunch of times to get them flush and it's nearly impossible to get a true roll over the thing. i can get it to feel pretty flush with the fingers but the ball is still misdirected. it makes me want to kill, kill, kill....

#385 9 years ago

Just received my two ramps like a Christmas Gift , from WA to France .

You made a great job , Mark

Some days to wait before a shoot, but it's wonderful.

Thanks again

#386 9 years ago
Quoted from lb45:

Thanks again

Freeplay 40 Intl.

#387 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Freeplay 40 Intl.

Lol!!! Yea he's global now huh

#388 9 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

Lol!!! Yea he's global now huh

It is sort of amazing to think you can do things like this internationally over the internet. Have another two orders...Belgium and Netherlands...and not to mention Canada!

#389 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

It is sort of amazing to think you can do things like this internationally over the internet. Have another two orders...Belgium and Netherlands...and not to mention Canada!

What's the list of countries you've sent your ramps to? I'd like to see it. Your probably around 200 total ramps sold by now.

#390 9 years ago
Quoted from lb45:

Thanks again

Merci Beaucoup!!

#391 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What's the list of countries you've sent your ramps to? I'd like to see it. Your probably around 200 total ramps sold by now.

Not that many countries. France, Belgium, Netherlands, UK and quite a few to Canada. Only a couple to Saturn.

#392 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Merci Beaucoup!!

yeah what he said, mercy bow coop...

#393 9 years ago

show me the blue ramps. If I like them i'll buy a set, tho I don't own the game. Really want blue and green combo. I'm sure there is plastic out there you can get in green. Has to be. If they can make it in blue, y not green? They found that florescent yellow for GNR someplace.

#394 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Freeplay i know what you mean. Its amazing what a YouTube video and a website can do! I get shipping inquiries all the time from other countries but unfortunately my business item is large and the shipping cost for the customer is usually prohibitive

#395 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

show me the blue ramps. If I like them i'll buy a set, tho I don't own the game. Really want blue and green combo. I'm sure there is plastic out there you can get in green. Has to be. If they can make it in blue, y not green? They found that florescent yellow for GNR someplace.

There are photos in a couple place in this post of the blues, both sitting free and sitting in a game. Unfortunately I don't have any blue right now and am waiting on another shipment. The last shipment they sent me was the wrong type of plastic (Cell cast) and had to be reordered. Don't have an ETA yet, but sure it is a couple weeks out yet. As far as the yellow, it is available in extruded transparent yellow along with red. All that is available in green is a translucent green (not clear). I have to order it in full sheets so doubt there would be enough demand for that many greens.

#396 9 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

Freeplay i know what you mean. Its amazing what a YouTube video and a website can do! I get shipping inquiries all the time from other countries but unfortunately my business item is large and the shipping cost for the customer is usually prohibitive

As long as my package is under 1 cubic foot, I can ship regular mail and with the Genesis ramps I can just make it. Actual postage to Belgium runs about $23. Not bad really. Haven't done a website yet but probably will soon.

#397 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

As long as my package is under 1 cubic foot, I can ship regular mail and with the Genesis ramps I can just make it. Actual postage to Belgium runs about $23. Not bad really. Haven't done a website yet but probably will soon.

Ya gotta do a website!!! Keep it simple but informative and you will see the results.

#398 9 years ago

translucent green would still look good if it's a deep emerald green and not a washed out pastel green.

#399 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

translucent green would still look good if it's a deep emerald green and not a washed out pastel green.

Sorry, but the green that is available in Translucent is more of a pastel green.

There are 611 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genesis-ramps/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.