9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Here's the Rub. Picked up a Genesis working but a bit dirty and otherwise in great shape. The big and only problem is the sound doesn't start up on power up and I have to hit the reset on the sound board in order to get the sound to kick in. When it boots the led on the sound board stays a solid red, after I hit the reset it starts blinking slowly. Works fine after that though. I read in another thread that the MPU resets the sound on bootup and there may be a problem with that reset circuit. Any direction as to how I can diagnose this or common culprits for this issue would be wonderful as I'd like to get it working 100%

Thanks ahead of time,
-M

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genesis-no-sound-on-startup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.