2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by John_I
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hi guys I am fairly new to the hobby and to pinside. I am really In to 80s pins not so much into the newer machines. Anyways I have 3 pins a fireball2 an embryon and a tag team. I would really like to mod them but I am not sure what can be done everything I have seen is for 90s to the modern machines. Was wondering if anyone here on pinside had an advice or ideas of what kind of mods can be done to these early 80s machines? Thx in advance for any info and help.

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from elimotw:

Hi guys I am fairly new to the hobby and to pinside. I am really In to 80s pins not so much into the newer machines. Anyways I have 3 pins a fireball2 an embryon and a tag team. I would really like to mod them but I am not sure what can be done everything I have seen is for 90s to the modern machines. Was wondering if anyone here on pinside had an advice or ideas of what kind of mods can be done to these early 80s machines? Thx in advance for any info and help.

Just rebuild all the mechs so they play like new, clean and wax the game. Enjoy!

#3 2 years ago

Chuckwurt already done that to all all machines was hoping for some other ideas. Thx for the input though sir

#4 2 years ago

Depending on what type of mods you are looking for, I would suggest the following:

LEDs, titan rubbers, ninja balls, custom plungers, custom apron cards, custom keychain, chromed hardware.

#5 2 years ago

Use the money that you would have spent on mods on a fourth pin. Another option is to invest in some good tools, good soldering iron, desoldering station, good crimping tool, Harbor freight lift table, etc.

#6 2 years ago

I wonder if a Pinshaker kit could be made to work with a Sys80 game?
    Can't be many Tag Team games out there with shakers, and it would fit the theme.
    https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Pinshakers_STD_Kit

#7 2 years ago

Pinstadium works in all games.

#8 2 years ago

Bluespin I'm like the least technically inclined person in the world bud lol. Thank God I've got a really good tech. On that note I'm really proud of myself I fixed the demon kicker on my fireball 2 just needed to tighten 2 screws for me that's like rebuilding a pin lol. I wish I could fit another pin but I do not have anymore room though. Daditude thx to I'll look up all those mods u listed rca1 I'll have to ask my tech if he could throw a shaker motor in the tag team. I just saw these glow in the dark pinballs online for sale glo balls any of you have any experience with them?

#9 2 years ago

For old games a nice new clean, unscratched piece of playfield glass is the first mod. New rubber. Rebuild flippers, slingshots or any other mechanisms that are sloppy/loose/gummy/broken.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/generic-mods-for-all-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.