Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).png
    interlock (resized).PNG
    20180324_124215 (resized).jpg
    hepd80 (resized).PNG
    20180324_105902 (resized).jpg
    E0EE4AF2-BE8C-4A73-AAE0-CAB77A3CE887 (resized).jpeg
    B5BD2E1D-6871-4F4E-A155-43BFB677F772 (resized).jpeg
    D68DE9A0-BEA9-4096-A04D-8D515B049AFE (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).png
    1D04ADA6-11BD-49E2-A182-13EB94571A80 (resized).jpeg
    surestart (resized).PNG
    image_27738 (resized).jpg
    Champion Dual Fuel3 (resized).JPG
    Champion Dual Fuel2 (resized).JPG
    Champion Dual Fuel (resized).JPG
    beast (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider electrocute.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 6 years ago

It's best to conserve energy in a power outage. Have two Champion 73536i 1700 watt inverters to run the basics. Quiet and more efficicient than standard generators. Also have a 15kw pto generator that we hook up to our Kubota tractor.
    Diesel is much easier to find than gasoline during storm preparedness. Propane is super expensive.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Finally bit the bullet and purchased this in November of last year
    I got it at Harbor Freight for like seven hundred and fifty bucks and it's awesome. It's quiet and powerful enough to run quite a few of my electronics including the portable AC unit and a pinball machine.

That should be able to run a dorm fridge, small room air conditioner, flat screen tv and lights. Oh yeah, and a few pinball machines.

#17 6 years ago

LRA (locked rotor amps). Is a good way to size the generator you need to start yor air conditioner. My 2 ton package unit is 43 amps. 43x240 = 10320. Which means I'll need a 10kw generator to start it.

1 week later
    #20 6 years ago

Start kits work better with reciprocating compressors than scroll in lowering start up amps. I'd first go down to Grainger and buy a 3-5 ton hard start then spend $250. I think they're about $25. Needless, you need an amp probe to check what your start up amps are before you decide on a generator.
    I once installed delay on make relays on my condensor motor and blower motor to get the amps needed to start the compressor. That was after hurricane Jean.

1 week later
    #31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Niterider:

I picked up one of these from Sams Club back when we lost power during an ice storm a few years ago.
    I was easily able to run my fuel oil furnace, refrigerator, several lights, TV/Satellite and it didn’t even break a sweat. Having 14 hours of run time on one tank is also a plus.
    I’m pretty sure if I wired my breaker box with a cutover, it would probably run everything in the house...maybe minus the electric stove.

Be careful, too many watts lowers voltage which could lead to burnt wires. Might want to stick to extension cords.

#45 6 years ago

If your panel is full then look into quad breakers.

2 months later
    #58 5 years ago

Too good of a deal to pass on. eBay.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png
    #60 5 years ago

Missed that one. Did get the xp10000eh for $539 about 2 months ago.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider electrocute.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/generators-its-time-to-upgrade?tu=electrocute and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.