Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by SteveFury
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

It looks like my wife and I are "Going RV".
    Selling the house along with 90% of our stuff and hitting the road full time.
    I have 4 EM pinball machines I'd like to sell.
    All 4 of my machines are 100% working and beautifully restored.
    I've been closely following my local CraigsList for a while.
    The cheaper major restore-project type machines usually sell pretty well but the mid price (+300 and up $$) ones don't.
    Knowing I'd probably want 500-600 per machine which pretty much eliminates CL.
    I am thinking to list them on eBay.
    But I've never sold such heavy things on eBay and don't know where to start.
    I know the buyer would pay shipping but how would I box such a thing for shipment?
    How does that work?
    Any advice is surely appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

#2 7 years ago
    Quoted from SteveFury:

I know the buyer would pay shipping but how would I box such a thing for shipment?
    How does that work?

Well you don;t have to box a machine to ship it. You can ship them standing up with the head strapped to the body (for EM).
    You can ship through Michelle...and you can see she just moved companies recently but she the standard person on Pinside.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/michelle-bianchi-update-aug-8-2016#post-3292710

#3 7 years ago

Its summer. Which means pins sell poorly. Everyone is outside doing something. As the temperatures drop, demand goes up. The Christmas time period always seems to have peak demand.
    Try Craigslist after temperatures cool off.....and people seek more indoor pursuits. If it doesn't sell on Craigslist, only then would I try Ebay. I personally would not ship......given how Paypal is far more weighted towards the buyers. And lets face it, how many people are going to spend $400 or so in shipping costs on a $500 - $600 pin?

#4 7 years ago

What are the titles of the games you are offering ?

#5 7 years ago

Put the word out with local pinball repair people.

#6 7 years ago

Why Don't you put them on here? Hello!

#7 7 years ago

Skip eBay and save the 15% in fees. CL or pinside cash and carry sale. That way the buyer (and PayPal) don't have their hand in your pocket/ bank account for 45 days.

#8 7 years ago

Congrats on the decision to "hit the road"!

I retired last month, and renting an RV is something gnawing at my wife and I
    to do as well.

All logic has been sound in replies.

Craigslist will low ball.

Ebay, fees and shipping, chargebacks, can just be painful.
    If you have something rarer, Ebay works better.

The guys here always love to see pics, and will share market value for collectors,
    which should be very fair. Youll reach a wide audience, and the numbers will help make a good decision.

Plenty of interest...including me and others in Florida that can drive up or arrange a pro, to pick them up. Youll reach east and north as well, and with collectors, it should go easier and fast.

Whatever you do with the pins, enjoy the dream and the travels!

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from gutz:

Skip eBay and save the 15% in fees. CL or pinside cash and carry sale. That way the buyer (and PayPal) don't have their hand in your pocket/ bank account for 45 days.

45 days? PayPal is now 180 days!

#10 7 years ago

Going RV... interesting concept. Friend of mine is working from his van (he works developing phone apps... all he needs is a computer and an internet connexion with his phone). He is a kite surf fan and can go wherever/whenever he wants.

Why not listing your pins on Pinside market?

#11 7 years ago

Since your hitting the road why not offer to deliver the games for a small fee ?

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#12 7 years ago

Thanks for all the replies.
    Almost all our stuff is considered for sale, I just need to work out the marketing. We are not in a hurry, no rush to go mobile.
    6 months to a year is our timetable to complete the transition. I wish there were a sub-forum here for non pinball discussions.

I was also going to include my Gottlieb Target pool but I've decided to hang onto that for now. Sentimental reasons.
    I gotta have something to play or else get jones'n for pinball. Maybe a family heirloom.

#13 7 years ago

Oops, Steve! You've got to put this stuff in the marketplace or they'll shut this thread down. I saw nothing, man...

#14 7 years ago

Thanks for the heads up, I've just listed them.
    I came down on the price to help make them gone.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/general-selling-advice-requested and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.