Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlordmarc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 2 years ago

It was suggested by a mod to break out some discussion for a new topic so I thought I'd kick it off. What are the general rules and guidelines for a pinball tournament regarding refunds?

If someone isn't allowed or able to finish a tournament because of management rules shouldn't they be given a refund?

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Tournaments are a huge pain in the ass to run without dealing with people begging for refunds if they get into a fight, get kicked out, or just decide to leave.
    When you pay your tournament money, just kiss it goodbye forever, unless you manage to win it back. That's kind of the point of the tournament.
    What are we talking about here? 20 bucks? 30 bucks? "The principle?"
    It doesn't really matter. Tournaments are usually a "no refund" zone. It's not like Wal-Mart where you can return a VCR without the box and still expect store credit.

Got to disagree with you there. Bucks are bucks.

The fact is: if you're going to host an economic event between buyers-sellers, there are some basic rules that are implied. You don't get to rip people off in commerce just because the amount of the good or service is less than 50 bucks.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Imagine that… I was spot on.

We are talking about prices of tournaments now. CrazyLevi seems to think that if a tournament is a low price they can do whatever they want. Imagine if we were talking about some other product? "Oh sorry your shampoo turned your hair purple and you cant ask for a refund because it's below $50." Its ridiculous

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

In some tournaments that I have attended, there is a warning, up front, that the wrong type of violent/abusive behavior, including machine abuse, can cause you to be ejected with no refund. So, everyone understands what that means up front. And persons that might have a tendency to exhibit that type of behavior are told directly in front of everyone in attendance.

IMO this sounds like a good rule

#16 2 years ago

So that thread was closed and this is supposed to be about the general rules. I guess your point is that you seem to think that coming into a new tournament means that there shouldn't be established rules or any form of order? Sorry but that is ridiculous because no one new would ever be able to participate in Pinball.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

If someone can't handle following tournament rules and anticipates wanting a refund because a small tournament fee is a big deal to them, then perhaps they should save both parties the trouble and not enter in the first place.

What does this even mean? Sorry but no one is following your logic here

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Hey buddy - if you do some listening to go with your talking, you may just figure out how the world actually works.
    Trust me when I tell you that EVERYONE is following the logic here except you… I can tell you what I usually infer from that, but you need to work that out yourself.

Can you even address one point directly?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlordmarc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/general-rules-guidelines-for-a-pinball-tournament?tu=pinlordmarc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.