Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by SunKing
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Hi everyone, I am new to the pinside forum and new to owning my first pinball machine. I have a couple of questions about forum ettiqute. I posted a topic in the tech section but have sadly seen no responses. Is this because I am new and regular people on here are wary of dealing with new people? It very well possible that no one has an answer to my problem. Do people "bump" up their topics if they get no response in a few days? I certainly do not want to be annoying on here as I am very excited to join the world of pinball and owning my first machine and the trials and tribulations of working on it myself. Just wondering what proper ettiqute is on here and how I should conduct myself. Have been trying to earm pinside karma but since I am new to the game there is not a lot I can answer about. Thanks in advance for any advice you may have!

FYI- the machine I bought was a Williams Hurricane, which seems to be a very polarizing one to say the least.

#2 12 years ago

No folks are pretty helpful here but it might have gotten lost in the last few days due to the contest that was going on...bump it up to the top and you should get some replies...

#3 12 years ago

Probably just the right person hasn't read it. There is no "hazing" or ignoring of new people here. I am still very new, had a lot of stupid questions, and these guys have been great.

Welcome

#4 12 years ago

thanks! you guys are awesome. Loving this forum so far.

#5 12 years ago

Hello,Welcome to Pinside and sorry no one posted to your previous Thread
    but our site is growing and there are more topics than ever and the
    Threads are moving up and down way faster.Bump up your previous
    thread its O.K. Thanks,Mike

#6 12 years ago

Welcome to Pinside, common ground, and never a dull moment.

#7 12 years ago

Welcome,
    I'm currently carpet bombing the forum with stupid questions, i'm new too. People are super helpful here.
    Let me say it out loud. i love you guys

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderpants:

Let me say it out loud. i love you guys

AND WE LOVE YOU TOO!

practicalsteve, those are all good questions and I think you have received good answers. Welcome to the site and I think you will soon feel welcomed and at home.

#9 12 years ago

Seriously you guys rock, I already got two great leads on what to do about my problem. Also I cannot believe how active this forum is! I figured I would be lucky if my question ever even got read at all. Keep it up pinside! I'm fast becoming a fan and will need to donate soon if you keep it going at this rate.

#10 12 years ago

Welcome to Pinside! Sometimes it helps to do a forum search with certain key words. Of course, sometimes it doesn't..

Enjoy the wonderful world of pin ownership!

#11 12 years ago

Welcome, never be afraid to post a question. I love hearing the answers. Always something to learn.

#12 12 years ago

Welcome also, I like yourself never could have imagined how many people are on this site and how quick treads get updated - For me this is one of the busiest forums out there.

Also WH20 Rules.

#13 12 years ago

Welcome, welcome. I have actually felt myself like I might have been annoying at times, but nobody else on here has made me feel that way at all.

No worries. If you have a question, just ask. If it doesn't get answered or you don't understand the response, ask again.

#14 12 years ago

thanks again everyone, you really know how to make someone feel welcome. Hope to discuss lots of interesting pin related things on here.

#15 12 years ago

Welcome, just don't be offended by boobs, you may see a few of those thrown around here. We can only hope they come in pairs. Heh heh r

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Enjoy the wonderful world of pin ownership

hmmm... it's a nightmare

#17 12 years ago

Welcome to the site PracticalSteve and thanks for asking about the etiquette, I appreciate that. You'll find that everyone here is really nice and we are always happy to see new folks joining the hobby!

#18 12 years ago

Welcome PracticalSteve, I would guess you had the bad fortune of posting when our contest ws runnin' and folks were busy bumpin' thier gums at one another. This is the best forum going and filled with good people who will go out of thier way to help out a fellow pinhead. Glad you decided to join, you couldn't have made a better choice!

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderpants:

hmmm... it's a nightmare

I knew there was going to be a lot of frustration, was just hoping my machine would last a couple of months before it set in with problems.

Thanks again everyone, I Have gotten some great advice on my problem, hope to learn a lot from everyone so I can start dishing out advice.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

hope to learn a lot from everyone so I can start dishing out advice

Welcome! ...and yes, with all the help available on this site, it won't be long before you're one of the folks giving advice.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/general-questions-about-the-forum-from-a-newbie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.