Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1487612843047-241777754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170220_121522367 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170220_121342201 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170220_121413216 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170220_121502259 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hi, this is my first post here, and I just purchased my first pinball machine about 1 month ago. I got it at auction for $200 and to my surprise it works almost 100%. I know very little, except that I loved playing as I grew up. Any and all information anyone will share with me is greatly appreciated. My game is a 1966 Chicago Coin FESTIVAL. I can find almost nothing about it online. Online it says it's the first machine to ever feature a carousel on the playfield. Other than that I got nothing. I guess by pinball standards my back glass is average to above average, my playfield, is also above average, cabinet is average to below, and the counter says it's seen 41000 plays almost....Big number I know. I would love to know the value of a machine in this shape. Did I make a stupid purchase? Did I find a treasure? I know little about working on it or the way each relay and coil works in coralation to the next. Anyway feel free to correct me on anything and please feel free to share any knowledge or experience you have with this machine or those like it! Thanks all!!!

IMG_20170220_121502259 (resized).jpgIMG_20170220_121502259 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170220_121413216 (resized).jpgIMG_20170220_121413216 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170220_121342201 (resized).jpgIMG_20170220_121342201 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170220_121522367 (resized).jpgIMG_20170220_121522367 (resized).jpg

1487612843047-241777754 (resized).jpg1487612843047-241777754 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

I cannot speak to the value of this machine but I don't think it's out of the realm of reasonable if you grew up playing one. The thing I think you'll find to be difficult is finding the missing plastics, unless you have them and they were just removed for cleaning.

#3 7 years ago

At $200 you probably won't have much trouble getting most of your money back if you decide to get rid of it. Chicago Coin doesn't have the biggest following though and the missing parts may be hard to come by. If they are indeed missing.

#5 7 years ago

O no everything is there just removed for cleaning. They have what looks like some rust on the clear edges that I was getting off. Everything is there no missing parts.

#6 7 years ago

Yea that is the only thing I could find and it really offers very little on the machine. Thank you though.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Vik61:

Yea that is the only thing I could find and it really offers very little on the machine. Thank you though.

IPDB is going to be the place that has the most information on the game, unless someone has created a website for it elsewhere. As mentioned, CCM pinball games do not have a huge following and therefore won't have much info. They just didn't keep much info on EM games back in the day. There are some entries that have little to nothing known about them. http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3206

#8 7 years ago

OK thank you, I'll hold out hope that someone around here may know a little about it. From a selling point would it even be worth professionally restoring?

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Vik61:

From a selling point would it even be worth professionally restoring?

Nope. Unless it was a game your dad bought as a kid and has passed down as an heirloom, it wouldn't be worth it. You'll have way more into it than what it's worth. Just clean it as best as you can, repair or replace anything broken, clean and adjust switches and just enjoy it. Just doing that, if you decide to sell, you'll probably get out of it what you have into it.

#10 7 years ago

That is one of the better Chicago Coin games. If the game is complete, I'd say it is worth nearly double what you paid. In terms of a professional restoration, I'd skip it.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Vik61:

O no everything is there just removed for cleaning. They have what looks like some rust on the clear edges that I was getting off. Everything is there no missing parts.

That "Rust" is probably nicotine from a million smokes. This day and time, if I had this machine in hand, I would restore it to as nice of condition I could with the cash I have.
Professional Restoration means different things to people.

#12 7 years ago

Thanks ask for the responses. This is my first pinball but won't be my last. Nice to know the is a good group of helpful folks in the hobby.

#13 7 years ago

The game looks to be in good condition with low plays. Anything under 50,000 plays is low in my book. The playfield looks like it will clean up nicely and your pictures show no signs of wear either. The back glass looks very nice too.

I like the playfield design with the roto spin target unit, roll underwire scoring, rollover buttons, Star extra ball feature and more. The Chicago Coin pins seem to get a bad rap. I just don't see it though. I've played a totally restored CC (100+hrs work) a few months ago at a collectors home here in NJ and it was awesome.

#14 7 years ago

Wow, that would be cool. I'd love to have a super nice old pin like that. Not sure my pockets are deep enough yet? I'll have a nice pin one day.

#15 7 years ago

According to the 2016 Mr. Pinball Price Guide, Festival is valued at around $350. Interestingly, the book lists production numbers being anywhere from 184-1,454 units made based on the statistical analysis of known serial numbers.

I'd say that's a cool find you got there. I agree with Vic Camp, Chicago Coin games don't deserve the reputation they have. They're a ton of fun.

#16 7 years ago

Best way to get the nicotine stains off the plastics?

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Vik61:

Best way to get the nicotine stains off the plastics?

Novis 2

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/general-information-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.