Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG.jpg
001.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I'm having a problem with one of my general illumination fuses blowing. It is the white-yellow wire that comes out from the power supply to the fuse (the one that blows) to two white-yellow wires. One of those two wires goes to the playfield and the other one goes to the coin door lights. I traced both these wires and there was no break or grounding issues. I replaced all the connecters on the wires to the fuses. I replaced the whole playfield along with all the general illumination light sockets. Before I replaced the power supply the fuse would blow immediately. After I replaced the power supply there was no problem for almost two weeks. Any help would be appreciated.

001.jpg001.jpg 006.jpg006.jpg 007.jpg007.jpg IMG.jpgIMG.jpg
#2 9 years ago

The last time this happened to me the coin slot light on the coin door was contacting the lockdown bar lever. Does this happen with the coin door open?

#3 9 years ago

If you replaced the whole pf and the problem remains then i would suspect the coindoor .
Maybe you can just disconnect the coindoor and see if the fuse blows or not .

#4 9 years ago

Have you tried pulling all the bulbs in that string and checking for continuity between power side and ground side of that circuit ?

#5 9 years ago

I unplugged the coin door, turned on the game and everything seemed fine. I started a game and as soon as I used a flipper the fuse blew again. And now when I hit the flippers the flasher lights on the playfield and the backboard slightly light up. I didn't have this problem before. Crazy!

#6 9 years ago

Did you blow fuse for flipper coil ? If so there's some back feed that lights flashers etc

#7 9 years ago

I blew that same fuse. but get this, I blew it when I used the flipper. I pulled the playfield and looked for shorts and I cant find any.

3 years later
#8 6 years ago

Hi All,

I'm having the same issue with the WHT/GRN wire

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/general-illumination-fuse-blowing-system-11b-cyclone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.