(Topic ID: 329968)

General approach to drop targets bricking...

By Ollulanus

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider justjared.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ollulanus:

Common problem: drop targets that don't drop on hard, solid hits. Seems particularly an issue w/ newer sterns, or games that have them up front on the playfield (GB, CC). Two questions:
    1. How have you solved this problem on various games? Stronger springs seem an obvious solution, but I just put those "GB Fix" springs on my bond and if anything it's worse. I've heard folks say stretching/weaking springs helps sometimes, though that makes no sense to me. I've seen various other solutions for different games, like triming the ledge on some old games, and of course "play around it."
    2. What sorts of things can really be the issue here? The obvious, and most common I could see would be not enough tension in the down spring to pull it past the lip before it riccochets back on a hard shot, but there must be more going on here. Most games also have a compression spring to push it forward - can you weaken these maybe? A plastic holding lip too long could contribute too. Must be other things I'm not thinking of.
    Looking to solve this aggravation on my fancy new toy, but also to improve my general approach to future battles since it's clearly not as simple as "stronger springs."

I'll be following this. I have a Rush that has issues with the bottom Bass target not dropping with direct hits. Seems to need a glancing blow to drop.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider justjared.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/general-approach-to-drop-targets-bricking?tu=justjared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.