3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jumping-Box
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Silver Streak (resized).PNG
image (resized).jpeg
kno (resized).jpg
wilder-oompa-loompas (resized).jpg
Gene Wilder (resized).jpg
See-No-Evil-Hear-No-Evil (resized).png
gw1 (resized).jpg
gw (resized).png
wonka would you like to see.gif
Gene_Wilder_-_Gilda_Radner (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/08/29/gene-wilder-star-willy-wonka-is-dead-at-83.html

I guess there is still hope for a Willy Wonka pinball machine to remember him by.

RIP Gene, go be with Gilda.

Gene_Wilder_-_Gilda_Radner (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Oh man,I love watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory even now as a BIG kid.
Willy Wonka pinball ,would need to be from JJP ,...imo
Mike

#3 3 years ago

RIP Willy Wonka.

#4 3 years ago

Very sad. He was the best. Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, Willy Wonka, the list goes on.

#5 3 years ago

Put...the candle...back

A comedic genius for his work on The Producers, Young Frankenstein an Blazing Saddles.

#6 3 years ago

RIP

wonka would you like to see.gif

#7 3 years ago

Let's sing it again Gene - Hats off!

#8 3 years ago

Very sad. He will alway be one of the most unique and funniest people to ever grace the screen though.

#9 3 years ago

Was really hoping for one more classic Gene movie before that happened.

#10 3 years ago

I was just about to start a thread. RIP. A wonderful actor, was just watching Young Frankenstein 2 days ago.

I've got some tears in my eyes as I post this.

#11 3 years ago

LOVED Gene's comedy. He will be missed. RIP.

#12 3 years ago

He was definetly unique. Nobody could do somebody "losing their cool" quite like him.

#15 3 years ago

He made every role his own. The world is a less joyous place with him not on it.

#16 3 years ago

He was like a childhood friend of mine. I had a VHS tape we recorded Young Frankenstein and Young Sherlock Holmes on and my brother and I would watch both nonstop. Plus we checked out countless times the Willy Wonka VHS from the Public Library.

#17 3 years ago

Very sad day. I really liked him in The Frisco Kid.

LTG : (

#20 3 years ago

It's pronounced Frankensteen. I really liked his work in the Mel Brooks films. Very funny man.

#21 3 years ago

With Richard Pryor in See No Evil Hear No Evil was one of the funniest movies of all time!

See-No-Evil-Hear-No-Evil (resized).png

#22 3 years ago

Very sad. Filled with memories of his great talent. RIP

#23 3 years ago

Sorry to hear he passed, the last time I saw him on TV he looked pretty frail. Still love willy Wonka (you get nothing, you loose, good day sir!) Had it as a ring tone.

#24 3 years ago

R.I.P. Rabbi Avram Belinsky

Gene Wilder (resized).jpg

#25 3 years ago

Very Good Interview:

#26 3 years ago

So sad. Just heard on the news he was battling Alzheimer's but didn't want his fans to know because he was worried the news would upset them (us). Such a humble and caring man. Going to go watch Blazing Saddles right now.

#27 3 years ago

One of my all time favorite actors. I remember when Stir Crazy came out and it was R rated. I wasn't old enough to see it and I wanted to see it in the theater so bad. Gene was hilarious!

#28 3 years ago

Very sad news

I hope JJP considers doing a Willy Wonka pin.

#29 3 years ago

So sad but he will be remembered as one of the greats of our generation.

#30 3 years ago

When I was a kid and Young Frankenstein came on cable, I must have watched it every day for weeks. He is a genius in that movie. Kinda humbled now by my choice of avatar.

#31 3 years ago

one of the truly talented people of our time. a man who made his mark by killing every role he was cast in. depp had nothing on his wonka character (no one ever thought of wilder's wonka as being a creepy pedophile). he was a very charismatic and a genuine person.

his films with richard pryor were the best. any comic that could do what gene did without having to be crass definitely had a gift, and thankfully we were all here to share in his talent.

RIP mr. wilder
wilder-oompa-loompas (resized).jpg

#32 3 years ago

He is of course best remembered for his Mel Brooks films and Willy Wonka, but my favorite role of his was the fox in The Little Prince. Every time I watch that movie I'm eight years old again. RIP Gene.

#33 3 years ago

Although I watch Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles, at least once a year.
There was the 2 movies Gene co-wrote and starred in for A&E TV. Murder in A Small Town, and Lady in Question. These films showed another aspect of Genes' talents. RIP.

#34 3 years ago

RIP Gene, great actor, amazing talent. loved your movies.

#35 3 years ago

Be at peace, and thank you Mr. Wilder.

#36 3 years ago

Sad --- in remembrance :toast:

#37 3 years ago

kno (resized).jpg

What knockers!

#38 3 years ago

Very, said. My father went to high school with him in Milwaukee, back when his name was Jerome Silberman.

#40 3 years ago

I'm going to see Blazing Saddles at Radio City on Thursday. Mel Brooks will be there doing some commentary - Q/A. I'm sure it'll be a bit of an impromptu Wilder tribute.

Sure I've seen the movie 100 times, so let's make it 101.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Very, said. My father went to high school with him in Milwaukee, back when his name was Jerome Silberman.

Very strange. One of my best friends is Jerry Silberman. When he told me that was Gene's name before he changed it, I didn't believe him....till I looked it up!

#42 3 years ago

One of my favorites

image (resized).jpeg

#44 3 years ago

I enjoyed Mr. Wilder's work especially in Silver Streak and Stir Crazy with Richard Pryor. I thought he balanced out Pryor really well. Some of their scenes still make me laugh out loud. Of course there is the iconic farcical silliness Willy Wonka and his Chocolate Factory! Having been done all those years ago, it's remarkable that it still resonates with people today. What a ready made theme for a pinball machine! I hope it gets produced one day, maybe along the lines of a Batman 66.

Thanks for the laughs and RIP

Silver Streak (resized).PNG

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

With Richard Pryor in See No Evil Hear No Evil was one of the funniest movies of all time!

fuzzy wuzzy was a woman?

#47 3 years ago

Silver Streak was one of my first "grown up" movies. It's strange how movies and actors can effect so many. I never had a chance to meet Gene, but I feel so sad. Perhaps the reason why, his movies made me feel so good. The great thing about films, Gene Wilder will live forever.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
$ 300.00
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.95
$ 214.99
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 199.99
$ 15.75
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.95
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside