Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by 4Max
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4228B207-99B7-41A8-95E1-A0D395CCE20E (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    IMG_5112a (resized).jpg
    IMG_5110a (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    IMG_5108 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 4Max.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi all.

As per a previous post I am just starting out on fixing up a Genco Big Top rifle game - very cool. I have taken everything out of the cabinet so I can clean, repair, etc - but I'm new to these machines so will need a little help.

Before I go anywhere near plugging it in, I noticed this resistor (under rifle mount):
    IMG_5108 (resized).jpgIMG_5108 (resized).jpg

Two concerns:
    a) according the schematic it should be 100M ohms, I believe my one (brown, black, yellow) is only 100K.
    Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
    b) there is no condenser/capacitor connect in parallel.

Three questions:
    1. Any advice on why someone would make this change?
    2. If I put back to original could it have a negative affect on another component that may also have been changed?
    3. What capacitor do I order, "25 MFD" does not come up in PBR, etc. I found this photo on another web-site, not clear but the capacitor looks quite "chunky"
    Any and all help greatly appreciated!

thanks

#4 6 years ago

Ah, ok, thanks.

So, not sure how I know the voltage for the capacitor, but I guess then this would work:
    http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vishay-Sprague/TVA1306/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtZ1n0r9vR22UzXQwAPJeqECXFITVQbZQM%3d

How do I work out which way round the capacitor goes (does it matter)?

Also, in the manual it lists the 110v lamps I need to illuminate the cabinet (mine were missing).

Most just have their Watts listed (40, 10, and 7.5) but one states "40 T 10/AF"

Any idea what these sort of bulbs are, do they mean something like this?
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/40-Watt-Incandescent-T10-Clear-Tubular-Light-Bulb-415869/202796445

Thanks!!

#6 6 years ago

Ah, thanks Ken! So resistor is good - thats great info.

Yes, it uses a selenium rectifier, I plan to replace as per Clay's guide with a modern one (35AMP 400Volt).

The capacitor/condensor is also listed in the manual (as is that 40 T 10/AF lamp - any idea on those too?)
    IMG_5110a (resized).jpgIMG_5110a (resized).jpg
    Is this the part of the schematic that will help figure our capacitor?
    IMG_5112a (resized).jpgIMG_5112a (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

Ken, you are a star.

So, just to be 100% sure, I need to order the highlighted one below, correct? (Anyone know of another supplier that does not have $20 minimum - this is going to be the most expensive capacitor in history )

#10 6 years ago

Top stuff, thanks, Ken!

I'm sure this will not be my last question on this cool game, but this will keep me moving forward for now.

1 week later
    #11 6 years ago

I ordered the capacitor from Mouser but cannot see any indication of polarity. Any ideas?4228B207-99B7-41A8-95E1-A0D395CCE20E (resized).jpeg4228B207-99B7-41A8-95E1-A0D395CCE20E (resized).jpeg

#14 6 years ago

Ah. Ok. Thought it best to check. Thanks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 4Max.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genco-rifle-need-help-on-condeserresistor?tu=4Max and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.