Topic Stats

• 165 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by drsfmd
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 190 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190721_114407 (resized).jpg
20190721_114359 (resized).jpg
20190704_210503 (resized).jpg
20190704_210525 (resized).jpg
Bank3 (resized).JPG
Bank2 (resized).JPG
20190703_091735 (resized).jpg
Tuscon (resized).JPG
20190624_105112 (resized).jpg
this backbox (resized).jpg
backbox annot (resized).jpg
20190504_144557 (resized).jpg
20190515_151817 (resized).jpg
20190504_144335 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190507_151024026 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190507_151038828 (resized).jpg

There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 74 days ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

The game provides a 1000 point bonus for every rollover lane made when the lighted indicator below them, numbered 1-4, is lit. What it doesn't say is that these must be done "in order", such that if you make number 3, for example, you will get no bonus for it until you also make number 1 and number 2.

I played this several times at Pintastic. The way I read the card, I got the message that they had to be done in order. It's 1-5, BTW, to get to 5000 points each.

I'd like to hear what you learn about lighting the blue bumpers for Special (completing 1-5, maybe?) and the yellow bumpers for Extra Special (getting tower lights to #10, maybe?). Without a credit unit step-up, it may be hard to determine how many replays Extra Special is worth.
.................David Marston

#152 74 days ago

It's my intention to hook the credit unit step-up and step-down coils back up this week. With the coin slide rigged to always work, there's no reason not to that I can see, unless there's some other issue that will pop up once I do, like a shorted coil or something. We'll see.

I found a problem on the trip bank that I hope is the major contributor to the other issues:

Bank2 (resized).JPG

It had been worked around with a typical EM plastic switch lifter plate that had been taped on with electrical tape but that seemed to occasionally not work, giving the erratic behavior, I hope. For now, I've patched it up by super-gluing the 2 halves together, then reinforcing the break with thin strips of hard plastic epoxied over the crack. Looks like it should do the trick.

Bank3 (resized).JPG

The game cabinet has what looks like a raceway mounted to the side wall inside, with a ball in it. I'm assuming it's a roll tilt, but it has 5 switches that get activated in turn as the ball goes around the track. I'm not sure how that works but I'll test it later. It also has what looks like a typical credit takeoff button just under the front center of the cabinet.

#153 74 days ago

Reconnected the credit unit coils tonight - nothing happens at all. Still need to meter the coils though and see if they're good. I would have expected that advancing the unit by hand would light credit lamps in the backbox, but I get nothing at all. I checked the bulbs and they've all been good. Toggling up a replay score also does nothing. I'll probably have to pull that unit and see what's up. Maybe the rivet followers have lost their connection.

The trip bank fix is working nicely and the 1-5 rollover lane sequence now works as it should. I got the tower numbers advancing but erratically so that will need more investigation, and when working it seemed to stop at 6. Not sure what's up with that.

For Dave Marston - too early for me to say with certainty but it looks like finishing the 1-5 sequence lights the blue bumpers on the outside for Special. Hitting those may be what lights the Yellow bumpers but I'm not positive yet as sometimes mine are on after reset. That may be a reset bank issue still though. In one of the games I played, though, I finished 1-5, the Blues lit up, I hit both and the Yellows came on.

#154 73 days ago

Toyguy, you asked for pictures. Here's 2 pictures of my backbox. Do they show what you are looking for?

20190704_210503 (resized).jpg20190704_210525 (resized).jpg
#155 73 days ago

Well, bad news, Big Town has Big Problems. Went down to work on it some more and now the mechanics and playfield don’t power up at all. GI comes on, so the clock switch is working, and all fuses are good, but no scoring, steppers etc. I used to hear a lock relay when turning the power on but nothing now. Without schematics it’s tough to know where to start as there’s no clue to expected voltages, power paths, etc.

The selenium rectifier is long gone so it isn’t that but it has some very odd power installation. I’ll get a photo later.

I suppose first thing to do is see what’s coming out of the transformer.

2 weeks later
#156 56 days ago

New bridge rectifier installed and Big Town is running again! Now I can get back to trying to restore the credit system functionality. I'll have to meter the two coils though to make sure they're not shorted. I am suspicious since the DC circuit died last time I hooked them up, though I would have expected a fuse to blow first. At least the new rectifier allowed me to get a fuse in line with the AC lead to the bridge. The previous one didn't have that.

#157 56 days ago

Genco subway just got home, is it possible to get this working?

20190721_114359 (resized).jpg20190721_114407 (resized).jpg
#158 55 days ago

I took the subway apart and cleaned it. It's all there, mostly. The coin slider is trashed and I need a spring for the ball loading mechanism. Anybody know what kinda battery will work to make the coil fire on this thing?

#159 54 days ago

I LOVE the BG in Big Town...thanks for sharing! And now I'm anxious to know what you get for the Tower/Run numbers!! lol

#160 54 days ago

So far, I have gotten as far as 6. I noticed last night that there’s a problem there. The tower should apparently advance when a rollover lane is lit. Mine are not, except for the number 2 lane. That one works.

Even when working, though, it seems like it would be near impossible to get more than 6 unless going for that in place of score. At best, you could light two of the lanes on ball 1. Hitting those same two on each subsequent ball could get you to 8.

Having just typed that out, I realize I should not be reaching 6 even. Unless there is another rule at play, the best I should be able to do is 4. Wonder where I’m getting the other two? Hmmmm...

1 month later
#161 12 days ago

Hello all, i am searching for a genco coil it is k34-4600 it is 11v a.c. pinball resource does not have it, hoping someone here does or knows someone. Thanks!

1 week later
#162 4 days ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Hello all, i am searching for a genco coil it is k34-4600 it is 11v a.c. pinball resource does not have it, hoping someone here does or knows someone. Thanks!

Bay Area Amusements has one https://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=CLK

#163 4 days ago

Thanks. I actually already ordered, recieved, and installed it!

#164 3 days ago

I'm looking for anything GENCO, parts, hopeless case's, anything I really like the war area and any leads .,. Please let me know what you have.... Brian W Henson

#165 3 days ago
Quoted from J_o_n_o:

I took the subway apart and cleaned it. It's all there, mostly. The coin slider is trashed and I need a spring for the ball loading mechanism. Anybody know what kinda battery will work to make the coil fire on this thing?

The type of battery that it was designed for was a screw top 6v. I don't know if they are made anymore, and if they are, they certainly aren't in wide distribution. You can run it on any 6v battery, but I suggest switching to a small power supply- partly for reliability, partly because it's a bit of a pain to take apart the top half of the machine every time you want to change the battery.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 13.00
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 334.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 132.00
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside