Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Pin-up
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1703 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1702 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5016a (resized).jpg
    IMG_5015 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5013 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5014 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5012a (resized).jpg
    22016379_10211845442344400_243599839_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 4Max.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi all,

My first post in this section, as up until now I've just been working on EM Pinballs.

Picked up this Big Top today. Man it was so much bigger and heavier than I am used to. My wife is going to go nuts when she comes home tomorrow and sees it in the garage (could not face getting it down to basement). It "looks" fairly original with nothing major missing.

22016379_10211845442344400_243599839_n (resized).jpg22016379_10211845442344400_243599839_n (resized).jpg

Appears the cabinet as been hand-painted.

I was just interested in opinions:is it tricky to restore? For example, seems very difficult to be able to get into the box - does it come apart, or just the two big panels on the back and the side box?

how does the back glass come out?

Does PBR stock manuals, schematics, etc - I'm assuming some of the switches and coils can be substituted by them if needed.

Any and all advice welcome?

Finally, are they worth much?

#4 6 years ago

OK, I'm in. Ordered manual and schematic from "jeff" on ebay.

Machine super cool, loads of steppers to clean!

But still no idea how to do some basics, any advice welcome:

1. Backglass, so Mopar do i actually have to unscrew these screws to get the glass out?
    IMG_5012a (resized).jpgIMG_5012a (resized).jpg
    (I thought there may be some sort of release on the back, but there board with the score reels looks firmly nailed on
    IMG_5014 (resized).JPGIMG_5014 (resized).JPG

2. How to get the guts out to clean:
    IMG_5015 (resized).JPGIMG_5015 (resized).JPG
    When I look closely, on each side is a wing nut and a bit brass bolt, seems somehow things remove?
    IMG_5016a (resized).jpgIMG_5016a (resized).jpg

3 Finally, it looks like whole top when the gun sits can open somehow (see it has a retaining chain below) but I cannot see how it moves, especially as the backglas frame seems to be in the way of it tipping up (if indeed it supposed to tip up!)
    IMG_5013 (resized).JPGIMG_5013 (resized).JPG

Sorry if these are such basic questions, but its like starting all over again

#6 6 years ago

Tullster, thanks - how does that gun assembly come off, do you remember? And the backglass? Plus I assume the rectifier is that cool circles thing bottom right? Will the schematic tell me what i need to order?

(So many questions, sorry!)

#9 6 years ago

Excellent info, thanks both of you. I will leave the glass for now, but assumed I'd need to do it at some point to clean the mirror behind?

Tullster, re: swing gun away - ah i see! Any clues or order of attack for the back where my photos show that wing nut, but more interestingly those large sort of brass bolts that seem to allow something to slide/move in a certain way?

And I've used Clays site so many times for pinballs, but obviously always skipped over the Genco rectifier - who'd need to know that?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 4Max.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genco-big-top-worth-restoring?tu=4Max and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.