• Latest reply 70 days ago by tatman9999
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

118787220_10217601076566359_8285602451582824448_o (resized).jpg
22E92116-BF63-4B0C-91CE-E126FC2BD48E (resized).jpeg
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

Hi everyone

I just acquired a Brand New Soundboard for Kiss made by Jeff at geeteoh and it’s truly amazing !!

As 1 of the first 3 testers I felt this post was needed to make it stronger and to inform users of this if/when these become more available

Here is a personal video of my game powering up and coin up / plunge 3 balls into game over

Truly cannot go back now after this wonderful enhancement

I want this post to be about users making this modification stronger and max it’s potential by helping to create more files and sounds & songs

Here is a link to my video

Here is a link to Jeff’s site to take a look as he has TONS of info and documentation about how he created this and other wonderful enhancements

https://geeteoh.com/geeteoh/default.shtml

22E92116-BF63-4B0C-91CE-E126FC2BD48E (resized).jpeg22E92116-BF63-4B0C-91CE-E126FC2BD48E (resized).jpeg
#2 1 year ago

Love it starting up with the Cold Gin riff (arguably their best). Will be interesting to see this evolve.

#3 1 year ago

Can't wait until they open up orders!

#4 1 year ago

I've waited for this since the late 90's!

#5 1 year ago

New updates being implemented to make this the best experience

I have no relationship with Jeff and paid for my board and I tell you with this addition to the game really adds more for the player

Will keep you posted soon

Anyone else looking to add this when available ??

#6 1 year ago

Absolutely...

118787220_10217601076566359_8285602451582824448_o (resized).jpg118787220_10217601076566359_8285602451582824448_o (resized).jpg
#7 1 year ago

Definitely

#8 1 year ago

I’m finally ready to release details on ordering your own. Check out my website at geeteoh.com for details on how to order one for your KISS machine. You'll get a plug-and-play board configured for custom sounds, a printed manual, and (at least initially) the optional song select cable with attached pushbutton.

https://geeteoh.com/geeteoh/kiss.shtml

This is a new design of the AS-2518-50 Bally KISS sound board with custom sound support. Although the board is capable of sounding 100% stock, it is intended to add custom sounds to the KISS machine. It is all controlled by three volume mixing potentiometers and five DIP switches. All the sounds are contained in WAV files on the MicroSD card. This board will NOT work in any other machines besides KISS.

Stock Mixing Knob: Adjusts the volume of the stock electronic chimes, noises, and tunes.

Extra Mixing Knob: When turned up, it adjusts the volume of extra sounds that replace the tunes at power up, coin-up, game start, KISS bonuses, and end of game. It also adjusts a set of sounds that are attached to the solenoids such as each of the pop-bumpers, sling shots, ball eject, knocker, etc.

Background Mixing Knob: Adjusts the volume of the repeating background song(s) during game play.

Attract DIP Switches: Turns on single or multiple (1 in 15) attract sounds that play every 3 minutes between games.

Optional push button can be attached to the sound board to advance to the next song during game play. 10 songs are available on the MicroSD card.

This custom KISS sound board gives you a whole new game experience from the simple beeps and bloops of the stock -50 sound board. Check out this video to see more details about the board.

Stock Sounds: There are 18 WAV files that contain all the stock chimes, noises, and tunes of the stock Bally KISS -50 sound board. These vary depending on the settings of the MPU S8 and S32 DIP switches, but it is recommended to use S8 OFF and S32 ON. These stock sound files contain the entire set of notes for a noise or tune. This makes it easy to customize.

Extra Sounds replace Tunes: Each of the stock tunes are replaced with one of five randomly selected WAV files when the Extra Sounds mixing volume is turned up. This is for the tunes for power-up, coin-up, start game, KISS bonuses, tilt, and end of game.

Extra Sounds tied to Solenoids: As an added bonus, my board detects when a solenoid fires. If the Extra Sounds mixing volume is turned up, a WAV file will play when a solenoid fires. The ball eject solenoid rotates through five WAV files. The others have one file; knocker, each of the 4 pop-bumpers, tilt, drop target resets during game play, and each of the sling-shots. Some of these will skip playing the stock scoring sound - such as the target reset, pop-bumpers and sling-shots. If you don’t include a file, nothing will play

Background Sounds: You can either have one background file (song) played during the entire game, or have it change for each ball. Background volume is controlled with the background volume mixing knob. Single vs Multiple backgrounds are controlled with a DIP switch. An optional push button cable can be routed to the front of the machine to change songs during game play.

Attract Sounds: A sound file played periodically between games controlled by a DIP switch. You can choose between one attract sound or have it select one of 15 random WAV files. The attract sound is played about every 3 minutes.

Common Setup Examples:
1) Stock Machine: STOCK volume up, EXTRA and BACKGROUND volumes off, Attract DIP 2 OFF.
2) Stock Machine with Attract: STOCK volume up, EXTRA and BACKGROUND volumes off, Attract DIP 2 ON.
3) Stock Machine with Attract and Background: STOCK volume up, EXTRA volume off, and BACKGROUND volume up, Attract DIP 2 ON.
4) Stock Scoring with Extra Sounds, Attract, and Background: STOCK, EXTRA and, and BACKGROUND volume up, Attract DIP 2 ON.

#9 1 year ago

email sent!

#10 1 year ago

Email sent

#11 1 year ago

email sent.

#12 1 year ago

Another one of my brilliant ideas, copied for profit.

#13 1 year ago

I’ll email everyone invoices by end of the night

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

If calculus can be independently invented, I think it is within the realms of possibility that two people, independently, can come up with the idea to add Kiss music to a Kiss pin.

If you already had a custom soundboard that you designed that did the same thing, you might have a gripe, but there is a world of difference between adding some sound files to a virtual pinball vs designing, supporting and selling a piece of hardware.

#15 1 year ago

Email sent...money burning hole in pocket.

#16 1 year ago

This is what the people need!! Thanks for your dedication to this project.

#17 1 year ago

Received mine and love it! It’s a total game changer. Just need to figure out how to get the female voice louder.

#18 1 year ago

Very Cool that we’re moving forward with this in a large scale !!

I absolutely love this addition and when the masses start playing around with their own calibrations of this, the sky is the limit !!

Very well Done Jeff !!! Thank you

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Like my Dracula playfield? Good one.

Well done to the op, nice work.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Are you seriously trying to compare a virtual pinball game to a piece of hardware?

People have been adding custom sound and music to pins for several years now with wave trigger boards and other hardware. If not longer.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Received mine and love it! It’s a total game changer. Just need to figure out how to get the female voice louder.

The female voices as well as the song introductions, pop-bumpers, and sling shots (all the non-stock sounds besides the background songs) are set by the EXTRA volume mixing knob.

Try backing off the BACKGROUND volume and/or increasing the EXTRA volume a bit. Use the TEST button on the board (when not playing a game) to help with these settings. There is a lot of female voices in this test sequence to help set the volume.

To start over with setting the volume mixing knobs - Set them all pointing diagonally top-right (about 10 o'clock). Then adjust the main amplifier volume a bit to your liking. If the main volume is too sensitive, turn down the three mixing knobs together a bit and try the main volume again. If you aren't getting enough main volume, turn up the three mixing knobs together. Once the main volume is set, then I'd do the same by slightly increasing the EXTRA volume and down a bit on the BACKGROUND.

Again, use the TEST button to help set these.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

And THANK YOU for lending me your KISS machine to do all this development. I couldn't have done it without your help.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

And... Thank you for lending me your KISS machine to do all the development. I couldn't have done it without your help.

#24 1 year ago

Super happy with mine. Thanks Jeff!

#25 1 year ago

Yessss!!!! That’s awesome. I love the pop and sling effects. Can’t wait to get to my buddies house to install it

#26 1 year ago

I received my today...sounds great. But I have a question. My machine is set for 3 balls and on page 3, at the bottom, the table says to set dip 5 to off and dip 4 to on for bank 1. The table has DIP 5 listed before DIP 4. When I set dip 5 to off and dip 4 to on for bank 1, a lot of sound disappeared. Is that a typo or am I trying to set the board to a 3 ball the wrong way. ?

#27 1 year ago

email sent

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from Bandit78:

I received my today...sounds great. But I have a question. My machine is set for 3 balls and on page 3, at the bottom, the table says to set dip 5 to off and dip 4 to on for bank 1. The table has DIP 5 listed before DIP 4. When I set dip 5 to off and dip 4 to on for bank 1, a lot of sound disappeared. Is that a typo or am I trying to set the board to a 3 ball the wrong way. ?

Bank 1 has the Rock N Roll all night as the 5th song while bank 0 has it as the 3rd song. It's easier to just add the ON DIP switches at DIP4 and DIP5. Bank 0 is both +1 and +2 off. Bank 1 is +1 on and +2 off. I seem to have a bad batch of MicroSD cards. Let me get you a new card out. For now leave it on bank 0.

#29 1 year ago

No prob at all, as early buyer I can understand.

#30 1 year ago

@geeteoh, I'm looking forward to seeing a soundboard made for Harlem Globetrotters On Tour! I can't wait to have background sounds playing Sweet Georgia Brown and quotes like, "He's on fire!","Boomshakalaka!", and "How many balls can a ball chuck chuck if a ball chuck could chuck balls? I don’t know."

#31 1 year ago

Email sent

#32 1 year ago

I'm not going to be filling orders for a week or so here while I iron out issues that some KISS owners have seen with my board. I stand behind my boards and I am determined to make sure my board works well in everyone's machine. I just got a second machine up and running here today. I also have KISS owners that have been helping me test updates. Sorry for the delay.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from geeteoh:

I'm not going to be filling orders for a week or so here while I iron out issues that some KISS owners have seen with my board. I stand behind my boards and I am determined to make sure my board works well in everyone's machine. I just got a second machine up and running here today. I also have KISS owners that have been helping me test updates. Sorry for the delay.

This is New for everyone so it’s understandable that a bug was discovered but the important part is your handling it to the best of your ability you

We truly appreciate you standing before this project and ensure the success of it for all users

Need anything we’re here for ya

3 weeks later
#34 1 year ago

Being computer-challenged, it took me a while to be able to modify the sound files, despite Jeff's instructions. I'm finally comfortable doing it now, and swapped out one stock song, with the song She from the Alive album - you'll hear it on extra Ball 1. Also have songs with vocals on ball 3 and 4 in the video. Still deciding whether to make them all songs with vocals, or keep half as instrumentals. In either case, this sound card REALLY makes it more fun to play. I rolled it over earlier, only the 2nd time I've done that.

Watch it in full screen HD to see the flippers.

1 week later
#35 1 year ago

I have fixed the issues with my custom Bally KISS sound board. I have boards available for sale. See my website for order information.

https://geeteoh.com/geeteoh/kiss.shtml

#36 1 year ago

Sent payment can't wait to get this and try it out! Thanks for creating this!
Joe

#37 1 year ago

Ok, I am going to need a couple of these!!!

#38 1 year ago

I’m getting a lot of positive responses from those that have the board.

Thank you to everyone that has given me improvement ideas and tested the early boards. The end result far exceeds what I thought this board could deliver.

I have a bunch built up and ready to ship out. Price will increase a bit on Jan 1 to cover parts price increases.

#39 1 year ago

I'm just curious why one couldn't replace the KISS sounds on the microSD card, with say Dolly Parton sounds and use this on that table? They both use the same sound card, so the call out requests should also be the same, should they not?

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I'm just curious why one couldn't replace the KISS sounds on the microSD card, with say Dolly Parton sounds and use this on that table? They both use the same sound card, so the call out requests should also be the same, should they not?

Putting my KISS board in Dolly would cause few if any sounds to play. My custom KISS sound board detects sound sequences from the MPU that are unique to the KISS machine in order to play all the custom sounds. Same as my Star Trek board - it only works in the Star Trek.

The -50/-32 sound boards only play 32 individual notes. The MPU must send a series of note commands to create the noises and tunes you hear. This series of notes is different from machine to machine. For example, the start game sequence for KISS is "Rock and Roll all Night" notes. My board starts the background song when it detects the "Rock and Roll all Night" note sequence. Since Dolly starts with a different sequence, the background would never start. I detect all the tunes for KISS and play alternatives - where Dolly has different tunes. Tunes for power-up, coin-up, start game, tilt, KISSx4 bonus, colossal bonus, colossal bonus drain, and end game. They are all different and none would work. (actually tilt may be the same)

You can see the actual note commands coming from the MPU in one of my earlier KISS sound board videos. Here is one that shows it well for Star Trek MPU commands (about half way through).

Then there is a bunch of game specific stuff I do as well. Like suppressing the stock scoring sounds on the bop bumpers and sling shots - because I play my own sound based on solenoid commands. The code for this would need to be tweaked for each game.

#41 1 year ago

Gotcha. Thank you for the explanation.

1 year later
#42 4 months ago

So what is the latest on this sound board? Its been a year since the last post, how do people like it? Is it worth it? Wasn't licensing an issue?

thanks for any response, I am looking to buy a bally kiss and would definitely want this board if reviews are still favorable.

#43 3 months ago
Quoted from Gr8pumpkin:

So what is the latest on this sound board? Its been a year since the last post, how do people like it? Is it worth it? Wasn't licensing an issue?
thanks for any response, I am looking to buy a bally kiss and would definitely want this board if reviews are still favorable.

I like it! Works great for me!

#44 3 months ago

killer work

#45 3 months ago

Can’t wait for others to be done! Dolly, 6M$M,supersonic, Bobby Orr.

#46 3 months ago

Would be in on Dolly and stones

#47 3 months ago
Quoted from Gr8pumpkin:

If I owned kiss id own this. Makes the game so much more fun to play while you actually get to sing/dance along

#48 3 months ago

Was one of the first testers

Still works great and puts a smile on my face when I play

#49 3 months ago

I have a Bally Kiss machine and would buy one of these in a heartbeat but would only want songs on it up to "Love Gun". Since the pin was released in June '79 technically you could include "Dynasty" too but it doesn't include Peter Criss except on one song plus it sucks so I would only want stuff before that.

Why include songs that were made after 1979 by different band members than are depticted on the backglass? It doesn't make much sense plus they suck big time compared to the songs from the original band.

Same with the Bally Rolling Stones pin. I wouldn't want any Stones songs made after 1980. Not because they suck like Kiss' do. A lot of the post 1980 Stones songs are still good. More because of the date the machine was made.

#50 3 months ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I have a Bally Kiss machine and would buy one of these in a heartbeat but would only want songs on it up to "Love Gun". Since the pin was released in June '79 technically you could include "Dynasty" too but it doesn't include Peter Criss except on one song plus it sucks so I would only want stuff before that.
Why include songs that were made after 1979 by different band members than are depticted on the backglass? It doesn't make much sense plus they suck big time compared to the songs from the original band.
Same with the Bally Rolling Stones pin. I wouldn't want any Stones songs made after 1980. Not because they suck like Kiss' do. A lot of the post 1980 Stones songs are still good. More because of the date the machine was made.

Can't songs be excluded by settings on the board? If not they should be IMO.

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/geeteoh-kiss-soundboard-you-wanted-the-best-you-got-the-best-?hl=geeteoh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.