Topic Stats

• 351 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by BenTheCartoon
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 153 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
1EFED595-16B0-4F27-B4F6-FC41371784FE (resized).jpeg
D5643BE0-D040-440C-A695-3C3DE63FFE78 (resized).jpeg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a3d9 (resized).jpg
dd (resized).jpg
IMG_20190726_221655 (resized).jpg
a02ba110f015c51389c259f7e3b44f36906ad22e.png (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20190726_211707 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190726_211540 (resized).jpg
20190627_183257 (resized).jpg
20190627_182052 (resized).jpg
20190627_182045 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sporazoa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#223 1 year ago

I recently acquired Dr. Dude as my first pin and am loving it. However, I've noticed that the ball frequently takes a weird bounce and ends up stuck on top of the Heart of RnR plastic. Usually can only get it down with a major tilt. Has anyone else had this issue?

Another place it tends to get stuck is just to the left of the pop bumpers. There is a sort of cradle between the plastics under the ramp that the ball settles into. Is there supposed to be a rubber there?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I have never had a ball get stuck on top of the heart of rock & roll plastic. The attached photo shows the rubbers I have in the pop bumper area. The manual calls for a 4 inch rubber in this area. This is wrong and will not work. It takes two 2 or 2.5 inch rubbers.

Thanks for the pic and explanation otrchief . The rubbers installed on mine don't go all the way across, so that's clearly the problem.

Quoted from branlon8:

I’ve had this problem often enough that I took a small angle bracket and bolt (around an inch) and some nuts to build a simple construction to prevent the ball from getting stuck there. I just used the existing holes in the plastic so it’s a reversible mod. You can’t really see it when you’re playing because it’s hidden by the heart plastic. It’s real simple, I recommend to experiment, but if there’s interest I can make a photo when I’m home again.

branlon8 Sounds like a simple enough solution. If you could post a pic when you get a chance, that would be awesome!

Sounds like I've got some fiddling to do!

1 month later
#249 1 year ago

My HoRnR sign is in the right place and yet I've still had the balls get stuck...

3 months later
#271 11 months ago

Anyone ever replaced the rubber on the Mixmaster post? Is it possible to pull it without removing the entire spinning disk? I'd like to avoid that if possible but having a bear of a time getting the rubber off...

#275 11 months ago
Quoted from T2S88:

I'm looking for a set of holograms for my Dr dude ,mine have lost most of their colour and are just shades of yellow.
If someone has a set or an old translite with nice holograms I would be all over it

This NOS translite has been on ebay for a bit. It ain't cheap, but I understand that that's the case for the holograms/lenticulars. And it's a long way from Australia, but maybe they would make an exception, since it says they only ship to the US...

ebay.com link » Dr Dude Pinball Translite Brand New Ballys 1990

1 week later
#279 11 months ago
Quoted from T2S88:

I have purchased this translite, managed to haggle a bit with him ,nice guy to deal with .and will be using a postage forwarding service to get it over to Sydney.
Thanks guys I would of never found this one on eBay. Even when I searched for its exact listing name on the US version of eBay it wouldn't show up
Thanks

AHH-SOME! Glad it worked out. Post a pic of the upgrade once you get it in!

#281 11 months ago

Wow that's a full restore alright! Look forward to the results...

6 months later
#301 4 months ago

Does anyone have an extra plastic for ramp entrance ("Jackpot Ready")? This is the only plastic on mine that isn't original. Instead it's a poorly done reproduction. I wouldn't mind a reproduction, but haven't been able to find one sold individually. Any help or leads are appreciated!

#304 4 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Looking for a DR. Dude apron to replace the one on my game. Any help appreciated . Thanks in advance. freddy
Now to replace the dinged up side rails.
[quoted image]

Yours looks better than mine. If you find a replacement, I'll take yours off your hands!

#307 4 months ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Tilt Graphics makes a magnetic apron. I like it and have it on my Dr Dude.
[quoted image]

I have one of these (as well as the side blades), but it just doesn't feel quite right. A little too "loud" (I know that might be a little ironic considering it's on Dr. Dude), maybe? Or could just be the lack of cards doesn't feel quite right...

#308 4 months ago

Regarding aprons, at the suggestion of another user, I messaged mikonos about reproductions. If he can get scans of the left, right, center, and shooter aprons, he can generate vinyl overlays. My own apron is not in good enough shape to do that.

Does anyone have a good candidate and think they could provide scans? He says he needs them at 300 dpi in tiff format.

3 months later
#338 39 days ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I just picked up a DD.
Can someone explain the function of the Jackpot o meter above the mix master? (not the Dude o meter). I don't see anything in the instructions about how this increases or is collected. Thanks!

The jackpot is collected in multiball by hitting the required number of targets inside the Mixmaster. As far as I know, the initial value of the jackpot is random. However, if you clear the drops while in multiball, it will double the jackpot. Also, occasionally Bag of Tricks will award you a max jackpot.

1 month later
#349 4 days ago

If I remember correctly from the last time I took apart my Mixmaster, those screws are just there for the wires to wrap around on the underside of the plastic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lizella, GA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
3,895 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sporazoa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside