a09f3090-fe47-441e-b287-445f5fc1f45aphoto.jpeg
F5D6EF53-59AD-40E3-9C07-48725E9D8B42 (resized).jpeg
20221203_220707 (resized).jpg
A1455A32-DA4B-4E2B-A54F-C7F9EA7D808F (resized).jpeg
EF3421AB-198D-415B-8BF4-66B7F7C17731 (resized).jpeg
6CF71D4B-8C33-470C-B31E-E6CCDF510506 (resized).jpeg
591FE9C9-6A3C-4D52-A363-19749AC8C65A (resized).jpeg
74E0E499-A219-4F00-8DFC-22E6B7B79E18 (resized).jpeg
There are 743 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
#651 2 years ago

Guess I am the new geek on the block. LOL.

Hey guys I just picked up a nice DD and I need a pic of how the two lamp sockets are mounting inside the Gift of Gab. My big shot figure is great from the waste up, but someone wrapped his lower torso with assuming fiberglass wrap and resin. It actually is a good repair, but I would like a replacement.

So I know what you all are gonna say. I'm Shit-outa-luck! But I imagine in the "dark web" someone is producing these. If so, please PM me I am interested.

#652 2 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

and I need a pic of how the two lamp sockets are mounting inside the Gift of Gab.

Like this post of the bracket and bulbs or something else?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/geeks-wanted-dr-dude-club/page/13#post-6827123

#653 2 years ago

Great thanks.

Any idea where to get a Big Shot?

#654 2 years ago

I think this is the unofficial title for this forum.

#655 2 years ago

yes arcyallen if someone could make some 3d model big shots they would make some $$$$$ from us!

1 week later
#656 2 years ago

Hey guys.
I am having trouble connecting the single flasher on the backbox panel. The wire is Brown/Orange and is connected to a single red connector. See image below.

Can someone please tell me what jack/pin this connector plugs into the board so the flasher will work?

Thanks

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#657 2 years ago

Does anyone know where to get replacements for the plastic chrome pieces around the mix-master and the 3 colored sparkley decals? Only place I knew was Pinball Plating, but even though it's listed on their site, they told me they can't get them any more.

Anyone know a source?

#658 2 years ago

My ramp has a switch behind the “I exam” and the connector to the ramp switch fell off when I lifted the playfield and I can’t see where to connect it again. Do you know that small white connector and where it connects? By the way, my dude is for sale in the Bay Area.

#659 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Does anyone know where to get replacements for the plastic chrome pieces around the mix-master and the 3 colored sparkley decals? Only place I knew was Pinball Plating, but even though it's listed on their site, they told me they can't get them any more.
Anyone know a source?

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-1592-2016-XX&Category_Code=GS-737

Here are the glitter decals.

#660 2 years ago

Hey guys.
I am having trouble connecting the single flasher on the backbox panel. The wire is Brown/Orange and is connected to a single red connector. See image below.
Can someone please tell me what jack/pin this connector plugs into the board so the flasher will work?
Thanks[quoted image]

The single flasher in the backbox on my Dr Dude goes to a wire harness that ends in the same plug you show in yours. I don't have a separate connector for the brown wire on mine. The strange thing is that on the connector you showed (the one plugged into the board already) the brown wire is present already. Unless I am missing something in my machine.

Here are pics of mine:

Dude flasher 1 (resized).jpgDude flasher 1 (resized).jpgDude flasher 2 (resized).jpgDude flasher 2 (resized).jpg
#661 2 years ago

I ran a flasher test on the bulb and found the right connector. Looks like someone simply replaced the much larger connector with that small one. Its now plugged correctly, but I will order a new larger connector to repair it correctly Thanks for the reply.

I just got done doing a mini resto on this pin. It is in absolutely top notch condition - likely a 9.5 out of 10. Even the cabinet is perfect with no fade or damage.

Really fun to play. But OMG, those SDTM balls out of the bumpers are brutal, and are the worst in Pinball IMO. This pin should have had a drain post from day one IMO.

1 week later
#662 2 years ago

Great thanks.

"Hey Dork," look at these. "ha ha ha ha."
http://ebay.us/b5xqam?cmpnId=5338273189
ebay.com link: itm

20220424_173913 (resized).jpg20220424_173913 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#663 1 year ago

I got parts back from powder coating, but before I put the game back together, I'd like to upgrade all the speakers. Can I put the same size on both backbox speakers, or do I need to stick with the mismatched sizes?

And recommendations for upgrades of all 3 speakers? I've done stuff like Pyle in Sterns, but those are smaller speakers than what the Dude requires.

1 week later
#664 1 year ago

Is there any speaker led mods for dr dude my google foo is not finding anything.

#665 1 year ago

Still looking for a "Squiggily" left ramp if anyone has one for sale.

Chris

#667 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Still looking for a "Squiggily" left ramp if anyone has one for sale.
Chris

Do you mean wire form???

#668 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Do you mean wire form???

Yes, sorry if I wasn't clear there.

The left wireform is what I am looking for. Mine is straight, looking for the "squiggily" one.

Chris

#669 1 year ago

This is my Dr Dude.

20220510_002811 (resized).jpg20220510_002811 (resized).jpg20220510_002827 (resized).jpg20220510_002827 (resized).jpg20220510_002822 (resized).jpg20220510_002822 (resized).jpg
#670 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Yes, sorry if I wasn't clear there.
The left wireform is what I am looking for. Mine is straight, looking for the "squiggily" one.
Chris

Maybe Logan can make you one

3 weeks later
#671 1 year ago

Question, I'm wondering if there is supposed to be a rubber at the back of the Gift of Gab shot ? I've been getting rejections from direct shots with the left flipper. I noticed the previous owner has a rubber on that metal piece at the back of that shot. I'm thinking it's not supposed to be there. The manual wasn't much help

#672 1 year ago

Mine does not have a rubber on either of the VUK backstops.

#673 1 year ago

No. Check the deflector in the back and make sure it is not bent upward.

#674 1 year ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Mine does not have a rubber on either of the VUK backstops.

No. Check the deflector in the back and make sure it is not bent upward.

Thank you !

#675 1 year ago

Greetings everyone! I recently just purchased my first pinball machine a Dr. Dude. I'm eager to learn how to work on pinball machines and to add MODS to them and was looking for some advice on the best ones to buy for it and how too.

*The first MOD I wanted to add is Blue LED light strips at the bottom of the playfield below the flippers. I found a good website that has them but was not sure if these were the best ones to buy? I've found some good video tutorials on Youtube on installing the strips, but any other tips on installing them would be helpful!

LED Blue Strip Light Link -----> https://www.cometpinball.com/products/lighting-strips

*The other MOD I wanted to add is Color Matching Bendys on the Mixmaster shown in the video link below at 0:45, I'm not real sure where to buy these or how to install them, I could not find a how to video anywhere.

Color Matching Bendy Video ---->

*I picked up some GameBlades and Magnetic ApronSkin from https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/dr-dude that seem to be failry easy to install, but any tips on doing so would also be helpful.

I added some pictures of what the finished look would be that I'm going for, for all the MODS, I'm sure ill have more questions in the future as I begin adding MODS throughout the machine, thanks for any help or advice!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).png2 (resized).png
#676 1 year ago

I'm pretty sure carrot flippers are correct for Dr Dude. They are slightly longer than standard (like 1/8" or something) but it does make a difference.

1 week later
#677 1 year ago

Has anyone had any issues with their Mix Master running non-stop? When I fire up a game the Mix Master just runs and runs and it is very loud. Any idea how to make it not as loud and to make it stop spinning the entire ball? Any info is appreciated. I attached a possible fix to this post, haven't tried it yet I wanted to check on here first if there is any other tips. Thanks for any feedback!

20220621_171137 (resized).jpg20220621_171137 (resized).jpgText_Help (resized).pngText_Help (resized).png
#678 1 year ago
Quoted from Kingjowjow:

Any info is appreciated.

Since this is solenoid #16 that controls the motor circuit, it is a 25 volt circuit and doesn't use the TIP36 transistors on the Aux power supply. Your issue is on the CPU board or the Triac board. I would disconnect 1J-12 from the CPU board, then turn on the power, did the mix master stop spinning? If yes, then your issue is with the CPU board, if no, then your problem is the triac board.

If it's the CPU board then I would replace Q-6 and Q-2 as a set, then retest to see if you have fixed it.

cc (resized).PNGcc (resized).PNG
#679 1 year ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Since this is solenoid #16 that controls the motor circuit, it is a 25 volt circuit and doesn't use the TIP36 transistors on the Aux power supply. Your issue is on the CPU board or the Triac board. I would disconnect 1J-12 from the CPU board, then turn on the power, did the mix master stop spinning? If yes, then your issue is with the CPU board, if no, then your problem is the triac board.
If it's the CPU board then I would replace Q-6 and Q-2 as a set, then retest to see if you have fixed it.
[quoted image]

Thank you for the helpful reply I will try that! If the issue is the triac board would I have to replace the whole triac board or is there a fix?

#680 1 year ago
Quoted from Kingjowjow:

Thank you for the helpful reply I will try that! If the issue is the triac board would I have to replace the whole triac board or is there a fix?

Everything can be fixed with some patience.

1 week later
#681 1 year ago

Was wondering if anyone had a good guide on the 3 button menu navigation? My buttons are able to scroll through the menu, but when I press advance or any other button when I'm on the item in the menu to select it nothing happens. I press the high score reset button and get nothing either. I've been trying to change to difficulty setting and go back from 4 ball play to 3 ball play, but can't figure it out. Either I'm doing it wrong or mabey my 3 button switch is messed up? Any help or tips is appreciated thank you!

20220621_173044 (resized).jpg20220621_173044 (resized).jpg
#682 1 year ago
Quoted from Kingjowjow:

Was wondering if anyone had a good guide on the 3 button menu navigation? My buttons are able to scroll through the menu, but when I press advance or any other button when I'm on the item in the menu to select it nothing happens. I press the high score reset button and get nothing either. I've been trying to change to difficulty setting and go back from 4 ball play to 3 ball play, but can't figure it out. Either I'm doing it wrong or mabey my 3 button switch is messed up? Any help or tips is appreciated thank you!
[quoted image]

Use the credit button to make changes.

#683 1 year ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Use the credit button to make changes.

Ugh, thanks @GRUMPY, such an easy way to do it idk why I didn't think of trying the credit button, thank you!

#684 1 year ago
Quoted from Kingjowjow:

[quoted image]

I can't remember if I covered that in this video:

3 weeks later
#685 1 year ago

Can someone post a pic of their Right slingshot switches wiring?

My right slingshot upper switch (and bracket) was removed by a previous owner for god knows why. Just gotta figure out if I need a dioded switch there or not, and what should connect to what piece. Bunch of wire with electrical tape sitting here, just gotta solder the right pieces to the thing. Thanks!

PXL_20220728_165458547 (resized).jpgPXL_20220728_165458547 (resized).jpgPXL_20220728_165510974 (resized).jpgPXL_20220728_165510974 (resized).jpg
#686 1 year ago
Quoted from mixmastapj:

Can someone post a pic of their Right slingshot switches wiring?
My right slingshot upper switch (and bracket) was removed by a previous owner for god knows why. Just gotta figure out if I need a dioded switch there or not, and what should connect to what piece. Bunch of wire with electrical tape sitting here, just gotta solder the right pieces to the thing. Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

How about this? It appears there is only one diode on the lower (playfield lifted) position.

0728221318 (resized).jpg0728221318 (resized).jpg0728221318a (resized).jpg0728221318a (resized).jpg0728221318b (resized).jpg0728221318b (resized).jpg0728221318c (resized).jpg0728221318c (resized).jpg0728221318d (resized).jpg0728221318d (resized).jpg
#687 1 year ago

Perfect! Thanks so much!

#688 1 year ago

Hello Everyone,

Just had few quick questions.

***When I got my Dude the Mix Master would Spin nonstop when a game was started. I nailed it down to the upper ramp rollover switch that was broken. I replaced it but now when the switch is activated it makes the Mixmaster noise and lights it up but it does no longer run. I did a coil test on "16" which is the Mixmaster and it still does not run. Any ideas? Not sure why replacing a switch would kill the mix master.

** Other issue is that I found that my F2 5amp 250v Slow Blow Fuse is Blown in the CPU board, not real sure what it goes too, but I do have all of my Gift of Gab lights out and Magnetic Personality Lights out as well, Mabey it goes to them?

Thanks for any feedback or advice I really appreciate it!

#689 1 year ago

Making another batch of Big Shot men. $35 unpainted and $50 painted,includes shipping. Paint is matched yo the original. Pm me if you want on the list.

SmartSelect_20220804-132502_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20220804-132502_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpg
1 week later
#690 1 year ago

Anyone got a good picture of this area? Is this right? The manual says there's another rubber here but I can't see how.

PXL_20220811_072256465 (resized).jpgPXL_20220811_072256465 (resized).jpg

#691 1 year ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Anyone got a good picture of this area? Is this right? The manual says there's another rubber here but I can't see how.
[quoted image]

Here are a couple from my restoration and some as-is. Hope it helps.

0812221141 (resized).jpg0812221141 (resized).jpg0812221141a (resized).jpg0812221141a (resized).jpg0916201534 (resized).jpg0916201534 (resized).jpg0916201600 (resized).jpg0916201600 (resized).jpg0916201601 (resized).jpg0916201601 (resized).jpg
#692 1 year ago

Thanks, that's perfect. Looks like I've got things about right back there.

2 weeks later
#693 1 year ago

can someone post a pic of the ramp entrance from the back side. need to see how the dude is mounted to the posts and the gate to the ramp. mine looks funny.

thx m

#694 1 year ago

Finally putting this back together. Quick question: Does the rubber under the left ramp rub against hte ramp or have I got something skewif?

#695 1 year ago
Quoted from thc666:

can someone post a pic of the ramp entrance from the back side. need to see how the dude is mounted to the posts and the gate to the ramp. mine looks funny.
thx m

Here is mine. I'm currently missing a screw on the gate though.

10 (resized).jpeg10 (resized).jpeg
#696 1 year ago

thank you

#697 1 year ago
Quoted from thc666:

thx m

I ended up making a bracket to support the dude:
Because the rest of him is a little messed up:
Sadly makes him opaque. Might have to make up some protectors for the entrance too.

#698 1 year ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

I ended up making a bracket to support the dude:
[quoted image]
Because the rest of him is a little messed up:
[quoted image]
Sadly makes him opaque. Might have to make up some protectors for the entrance too.

At least you have a Dude! I'm still trying to figure out what to do for the missing plastic on mine.

#699 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

At least you have a Dude! I'm still trying to figure out what to do for the missing plastic on mine.

Its not available anywhere? I make custom plastics, but it will be pricey. Anyone else need this plastic?

#700 1 year ago

Its not available anywhere? I make custom plastics, but it will be pricey. Anyone else need this plastic?

It is definitely not available anywhere that I've been able to find. That whole assembly is missing - I need to replace the bracket, plastic, and light socket. I had someone 3D print the triangular plastic piece to mount the plastic onto, but that's it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Boards
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Gulf Shores, AL
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

There are 743 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/geeks-wanted-dr-dude-club/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.