Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MINIONS-MINIONS-EVERYWHERE (resized).jpg
    There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

Just thinking, who really needs 100 of these. Now we are all waiting to see, who will start reselling these somewhere......Greed I guess, instead of just appreciating the offer for those that really would like, and have an actual need for them.

#52 6 years ago

Lot more people help each other out around here then are just greedy.

#53 6 years ago

Okay, fair enough, we will just have to wait and see.....and that really was not worth a downvote..

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'd have to check. TAF, TZ, and NGG come to mind.
    LTG : )

Dirty Harry. Pretty sure TAF doesn’t have them. Mine never did. Don’t tell me
    There is something I know more than you about pinball haha

#55 6 years ago

Many /most pat l games use blinkers 545 0r 455

#56 6 years ago

That guy is doing amazingly well selling lightbulbs on ebay, not just these ones for us either.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

That guy is doing amazingly well selling lightbulbs on ebay, not just these ones for us either.

It still amazes me had these so long without anybody even knowing.

#58 6 years ago

TAF uses 6, 455 in backbox for the lighting bolt down to pugsly and wednesday.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheMickster:

Just thinking, who really needs 100 of these. Now we are all waiting to see, who will start reselling these somewhere......Greed I guess, instead of just appreciating the offer for those that really would like, and have an actual need for them.

I think some people are like myself and panic buy too besides the greed. Personally I have seen situations especially in this hobby where you feel like OMG if i dont buy a shit ton of these there is going to be a day when I run out and wish I had more, even though in all honesty I will probably die before I used all 100. this is probably one of the reasons why some parts are so scarce. I would gladly help out people on here if they need some and probably sell them for my cost not a fan of gouging people because some day I know I will need a part and hope that they do the same for me.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

Don’t tell me
    There is something I know more than you about pinball

Yes. You are a pro now. PM me your phone number so I can send tech support calls to you.

#61 6 years ago

If someone who has 100 wants to sell me 15-20 at their cost, that would be cool

#62 6 years ago

He’s selling boxes of 20 for $9.99 plus 3.99 shipping

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Yes. You are a pro now. PM me your phone number so I can send tech support calls to you.

Hahahah no I will leave that to you but happy to help if i can

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

If someone who has 100 wants to sell me 15-20 at their cost, that would be cool

porb can still grab them from him 14 bucks for 20

#65 6 years ago

Not as spectacular as the original deal, but the 100's are $39 shipped now if you use code PREPSPRING (15% off)

#66 6 years ago

Looks like he sold 77 boxes of 100. Only 5 left.

That's around $2700 for obsolete light bulbs. He probably got them for almost nothing too, lol

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Looks like he sold 77 boxes of 100. Only 5 left.
    That's around $2700 for obsolete light bulbs. He probably got them for almost nothing too, lol

He's gotta buy out a lot of obsolete stock though looking for that "gem" and hoping the appropriate buying audience for that gem finds him.

Richard

#68 6 years ago

Well, looks like the price jumped up again $44.95

#69 6 years ago

Picked up a pack of 20 before he decides to raise the price on them as well.

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, looks like the price jumped up again $44.95

He did he was going to raise it last week I guess when the frenzy slowed down he decided not to go any higher until now

#71 6 years ago

I hope mmr61184 has clued the seller in that he's was nice enough to advertise to his target audience. I'd imagine that at least 75 of the 77 orders are from pinside members...

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

I hope mmr61184 has clued the seller in that he's was nice enough to advertise to his target audience. I'd imagine that at least 75 of the 77 orders are from pinside members...

Yup I did, I wasn’t trying to give away that he was selling them so cheap but it was hard to do. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing so I asked him if the prices were really per box and that’s what clued him in and he started asking questions. You would think he would have thrown one of the boxes in for nothing especially I made him all that cash overnight.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

Yup I did, I wasn’t trying to give away that he was selling them so cheap but it was hard to do. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing so I asked him if the prices were really per box and that’s what clued him in and he started asking questions. You would think he would have thrown one of the boxes in for nothing especially I made him all that cash overnight.

When you think the price is too good to be true, don't ask about it at all.

A question like "is that price per box or per bulb" is kind of a big clue.

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

When you think the price is too good to be true, don't ask about it at all.
    A question like "is that price per box or per bulb" is kind of a big clue.

Yes I know just wasn’t sure if I was buying the right thing. Good thing is the price still isn’t as bad as pinball life

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

Yes I know just wasn’t sure if I was buying the right thing. Good thing is the price still isn’t as bad as pinball life

In the end you helped out a lot of pinball folk find a good deal. Thank you for sharing info.
    I personally picked up a box beacuse i like them in older EM's.

#76 6 years ago

Guy just reached out he’s on his last case we are cleaning him out

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I never liked the blink rate of the newer 455 bulbs. They don't stay lit very long, and the stay dark for a long period of time.
    The GE 455 bulbs had a much better blink rate.

I just found my small stash of 455's; have had them in the drawer for probably 10-15 years or more. They're brass base, unlike the bright steel base of the Eiko's. They're not marked GE 455 in black ink though, just 455 indentation-stamped. These must be the CEC brand, gonna guess. Thoughts? Can only be so many makers for these...

On a side note, saw some GE's advertised on ebay as "NOS" when they look all the world to be pulls. Or, they sat "new" in somebody's drawer for a verrrrrrrry long time!

Another edit and of course this is an extremely small sample size, but the upper left corner of my Solar Fire has two GE 455's in it...and they have totally different blink behavior! They are right next to each other, I can clearly make out the GE 455 ink on them, one has a nice long "on" time, the other one is very brief! Just mentioning it since you had noted the blink rate.

Richard

#78 6 years ago

That is a pretty good observation on the blink rate--it usually is what it is, no two bulbs are ever exactly the same. I believe it has to do with heating and cooling...

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

I believe it has to do with heating and cooling...

Pretty much. There's a connection point in the bulb somewhere that when it gets hot, it bends and breaks the circuit. When it cools down, it springs back into place and completes the circuit until it gets hot again.

So for bulbs that are off for a long period of time, that means this part takes a while to cool off and spring back into place.

Because this is a thermal process, yes, the blink rates will be different from bulb to bulb just because of the slight variations in each bulb and the environment the bulb is in.

2 weeks later
    #80 5 years ago

Have you guys noticed, pinball life dropped the price by .50 cents per bulb

#81 5 years ago

I guess it's the old saying: supply vs demand = market price

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

I wonder how many they bought.

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I wonder how many they bought.

I asked the seller if anybody bout a big quantity at once he said the biggest order was 300 so maybe that was them or a horder

#84 5 years ago

No matter how many anybody bought, it's likely to end up being a lifetime supply. I know my box of 100 will outlast me...but then again the 6 or so that I already had probably will, too.

Richard

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

Quoted from TheLaw:

Better buy them before pinball life does

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ge-545-flashers-supply-on-ebay/page/2?hl=someotherguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.