(Topic ID: 17065)

GD Girlfriend spilled a skinny girl martini down my restored TAF. WTF!

By pinbill_blocked

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Honch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

drinking08.gif
tumblr_lfk431L3An1qzcgluo1_500.jpg
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#2 11 years ago

Trade it in for a younger model.

#3 11 years ago

Ohhh no man. Can a martini fit in a pin gulp?

#5 11 years ago

It finishes the martini first, or else it gets the hose again. tumblr_lfk431L3An1qzcgluo1_500.jpgtumblr_lfk431L3An1qzcgluo1_500.jpg

#6 11 years ago

I was a bartender and I've never heard of a Skinny Girl martini. If there was vermouth in it that can make a sticky mess. I'm not sure whats in a skinny girl martini but it sure sounds sweet and sticky.

Lick the glass...tell me what it tastes like?

#7 11 years ago

Oh man.. hopefully she isn't offended when you put up a sign (no drinks on glass unless it's in a sippy cup)

#8 11 years ago

Thing should have cleaned it

#10 11 years ago

If you don't have Pingulps it's your own damn fault.

#11 11 years ago

Holy crap Gerry

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from pinbill_blocked:

i don't see her spilling drinks in her f'ing beloved shoes!!!

rofl

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from wesperron:

I was a bartender and I've never heard of a Skinny Girl martini. If there was vermouth in it that can make a sticky mess. I'm not sure whats in a skinny girl martini but it sure sounds sweet and sticky.

Skinny Girl Martini part of the "Skinny Girl" line of drinks created by Bethenny Frankel from the reality TV show, Real Housewives of NYC. It's supposed to have less calories.

#15 11 years ago

Sorry for your loss, I hope the new girlfriend is better looking and knows how to drink appropriately.

#17 11 years ago

I want to see a pic of this "girlfriend" as I dont believe she really exists.

#18 11 years ago

Yeah, a pic would help determine the level of discipline required BTW, I have a "no drinks around the pins" policy and it works very well.

#19 11 years ago

Sorry, DP.

#20 11 years ago

Those machines were meant for that to happen, to a certain extent. That's why even in a home environment, the beer seal is important to replace if missing.

But, yes, you should not put a drink on a pinball machine.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

But, yes, you should not put a drink on a pinball machine.

Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

If you don't have Pingulps it's your own damn fault.

I agree with GoneFishin (again) that pingulps are a worthy investment. Pinball Life has them for $10 http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=204&pg=1
They look great & hold all sorts of different sized containers (cans, coffee mugs, bottles…) Also very nice to hold repair components while doing maintenance. Did I mention they only cost $10!!

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

I want to see a pic of this "girlfriend" as I dont believe she really exists.

she lives in canada. she's a model. you probably won't get to meet her cuz she so busy, ya know, doing modeling stuff..

#23 11 years ago

*sigh* Girls and martini's...
That's as far as I got in reading your post. All is good and forgivable after that.

#26 11 years ago

chit happens, not that big of a deal in the long run

#29 11 years ago

she put in on the glass and it spilled all down the glass, in the cab and on the side of the cab. it was only a few seconds before i looked over and saw her frantically trying to clean it off. i looks to be okay for now. just a few spots and wet foam under the lockdown bar.
why are women so careless. i don't see her spilling drinks in her f'ing beloved shoes!!!

At least she was making an attempt to clean it up, rather then trying to hide it. For you to post this about her must mean you really dont love her! Would you post this up if one of your kids spilt a drink? Spills happen, what do think a "Beer seal" is for. This is why no one have drinks around around pins you obviously never laid down that rule. That is the #1 rule here, no drinks on the glass of my pin. I'am sure it everyones #1 rule in there gamerooms too.

#30 11 years ago

Never thought I'd see the day that rape would be advocated on the Pinside forums...

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Never thought I'd see the day that rape would be advocated on the Pinside forums...

Have you seen some of the people at the pin shows?

#32 11 years ago

No need to go all smeagle on her. Accidents happen.

#33 11 years ago

NO drinks in the Pin Room! Make Sign. Nuff Said!

drinking08.gifdrinking08.gif

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from the_pin_family:

Have you seen some of the people at the pin shows?

You make a good (albeit sad) point.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Time to delete this thread? Worst for ages....

#36 11 years ago

Ok - let me put up a disclaimer so no one gets their feelings hurt - I am not judging ANYONE here with what I am about to type.

I do not understand why some people do not just invest in Pingulps. As pinball owners, we pee pee our money away to every single last lil' area of these machines - LEDs, Cliffys, new ramps, plastics, mods that cost hundreds of dollars each - yet we neglect two very vital areas: the manuals and a place for drinks to sit. I have 3 machines - none of which are over $2000, and I flat out made sure I had at least 1 pingulp ready to go. For anyone to have a restored TAF to play with no Pingulp on it = like a car without a seatbelt installed for the driver.

For that drink to have spilled on TAF is a suck situation, but there is NO, zero, zilch, not one reason why a drink should go on top of a pinball's playfield glass. That drink could have gone on the floor, and this would have never happened.

I just looked at the OP's collection - that is nearly a SOLID line of all A titles. 10 machines at $11 each = at most $125 with shipping for 10 Pingulps to be completely and totaly safe 1 for each machine - 2.5% of what a $5000 TAF would cost - and that's one of the ten titles listed. Bottom line: get the Pingulps.

#39 11 years ago

When you put objects ahead of people life has lost its course.

#40 11 years ago

it's not easy to replace a mint TAF.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

When you put people ahead of your objects life has lost its course.

Surely, a typo.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Surely, a typo.

Freudian slip. I try to be a good person but thats what comes out ; )

#43 11 years ago

The bottom line is...even WITH Pingulps, you still have people (sometimes tipsy people) around your Pins! The best way is not to have drinks around the machine. Drink...put down drink...go play Pinball...go back and drink some more....

#44 11 years ago

I would rather have a drink spilled on my machine than put those god awfull ugly assed pingulp crap on my pin. Although I did get pissed when I caught a beer sitting on top of my PDI glass...

#46 11 years ago

the_pin_family said:Have you seen some of the people at the pin shows?
I certainly wouldn't want to rape anyone i've seen at these pin shows.
Jeff_PHX_AZ said:At least she was making an attempt to clean it up, rather then trying to hide it. For you to post this about her must mean you really dont love her! Would you post this up if one of your kids spilt a drink? Spills happen, what do think a "Beer seal" is for. This is why no one have drinks around around pins you obviously never laid down that rule. That is the #1 rule here, no drinks on the glass of my pin. I'am sure it everyones #1 rule in there gamerooms too.
Of course i don't love her. she's just a girlfriend. and this thread was more for the humor of it until Gerry turned it into his anal rape fantasy.

We sir are on different pages. Lol. That's ok though we accept all kinds here.

#47 11 years ago

The "GD Girlfriend" in the post title threw me off. I'd spell it EX girlfriend under these circumstances.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

As pinball owners, we pee pee our money away to every single last lil' area of these machines

Pffft, speak for yourself. I do not do this.

#49 11 years ago

it's not easy to replace a mint TAF.

But, it is easy to clean up some alcohol and sugar that poured down the game.

get over it, and next time have a place for drinks.

#50 11 years ago

I was at the TPF waiting to play Craig Hassell's ridiculous Tron LE when some brainless dude sat his beer on the glass. I almost lost my mind I was so indignant at the wanton disrespect for such a jewel of a machine!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 180.00
$ 159.00
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gd-girlfriend-spilled-a-skinny-girl-martini-down-my-restored-taf-wtf?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.