(Topic ID: 193998)

GBLE original vs replaced

By rogerroger

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Curious about the differences between a GBLE with an original playfield vs replaced playfield. What are the differences? I realize there SHOULD be no ghosting or clear coat issues, but what about the other issues? Are they corrected with the replacement playfield?

If I'm looking to buy a GBLE, how much should be discounted for a GBLE with the original playfield?

1 week later
#2 6 years ago

I traded for a GBLE with a replacement playfield and it is perfect. The way it should come NIB.

#3 6 years ago

I have a original GBLE and the play field looks NIB no problems whatsoever. So if I were selling mine you wouldn't get a discount.

#4 6 years ago

My original GBLE playfield is perfect after a year in my collection it still looks like it did on day one. No real guarantee that the replacements will hold up over time. You might be better off with a original that has held up well over time as opposed to a replacement that does not have many plays on it. On this title less plays might not be better.

#5 6 years ago

My GBLE playfield is also perfect, 1 year and 1000+ games on it. No discount for you!

#6 6 years ago

Not my intent to upset. That sounds like a salesman moved to me. Let's lump all the games together, and see if we can low ball. But maybe I'm wrong, my wife tells me daily.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Not my intent to upset. That sounds like a salesman moved to me. Let's lump all the games together, and see if we can low ball. But maybe I'm wrong, my wife tells me daily.

Not sure if this post was for me or not, but i'm not trying to low ball anyone. I want to pay a fair price for a GBLE and was curious about what others thought about the playfields. For me it's not just the clear coat and ghosting, it's the other issues with the original playfields. And if they have all the official upgrades Stern released for the game after the initial batch of LEs were made.

#8 6 years ago

Depending on how early it was ran, there might be some differences. The left scoop might be missing a small protector above it to keep it from shorting a wire which can kill a node board. The middle captive ball guide might be missing a brace to keep it from bending. Slimer might have a different housing. There are a few things that could be different, sure.

As for the ghosting, if it hasn't shown by now, I think it's probably safe. Mine, and most others, started seeing inserts ghost within the first 200-300 plays.

#9 6 years ago

Based on reports, there doesn't seem to be any difference in original or replacement fields, they can both be perfect, and they can both have issues.

I agree with the others that suggest best bet is to get one that has already been proven to be tried and true.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gble-original-vs-replaced and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.