Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by girloveswaffles
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MMr (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Hey folks, I am kind of torn on getting GB Premium or the MM Remake. I honestly don't think I can go real wrong either way, but looking for other people's opinions...

I have played a GB Pro, really liked it... in general I like newer sterns a lot, though I historically have tired of them fairly quickly.

I just recently played an MMR, I had previously written these off as I was kind of turned off by the non-orginalness, but man it just FELT SO GOOD. The flipper action and just general feel of the whole machine just felt amazing to me.

I am also a total theme whore, of the licensed variety... so that may tip GB, but man, that MMR felt fucking amazing. It's a lot of money either way and I want to make the best choice.

Thanks in advance!

#2 3 years ago

I would play a GB Premium if you can. Then decide.

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

Ive never played a MMR but sounds like a tough choice. Can't wait to see what people have to say. Im guessing people will say MMR. I got my popcorn out for this one!

#4 3 years ago

The MMRs are tons of fun. It's a far more shallow game than GB (and GB should progress more with updates), if that matters. MM is an all-time great, and I think GB is headed there as well. You really don't lose either way, but if you're the type of guy that rotates games often, either should be an easy sell without much of a loss. If you don't rotate games often, find a way to play a GB Premium or LE before deciding. You have time to decide. Both of these games will be around for a while.

#5 3 years ago

Do you prefer transparent inserts or ghosting inserts?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Do you prefer transparent inserts or ghosting inserts?

Lol....funny

#7 3 years ago

There's a reason why MM is #1, but GB is great too although for different reasons. Can't go wrong with either, it's a classic vs more complex and punishing new kid on the block. Pick the one you like more, you'll know when you play them side by side

#8 3 years ago

Played a MMr for the 1st time the other day. Man they play like dog shit compared to the originals. This was a fairly new one too. There is a major issue with how the flippers are working.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Played a MMr for the 1st time the other day. Man they play like dog shit compared to the originals. This was a fairly new one too. There is a major issue with how the flippers are working.

Really? It might have just been the machine you was playing because ive heard that they play better than the original game.

#10 3 years ago

If the power is set to low on the flippers, playing MMR can be pretty frustrating. That's all setup though.

#11 3 years ago

I own both games. The MMr plays fantastic. The flippers are turned up to max, and it plays snappy like a new stern. The flow of the ramps are incredible. When you get multiball and the catapult starts throwing balls to the left inlane in combination with the other balls flyin at you , is quite the magical flow that makes this game #1. Keep in mind the GB pro that I had was so cool , I sold it and went the premium route. The artwork, sounds , lights can't be beat. The shots are different than your standard fan layout. The look , toys , colors and overall feel make GB the new kid on the block with a lot to offer. MMr has that classic williams feel with brand new parts, GB has all the new bells and whistles and stands right now as a great game. Both keepers in my book.

#12 3 years ago

I chose MMR!

One of the main reasons is that I only want to own one Stern, so now I can wait and see if a Star Wars pin does eventually get announced, sell my RFM/SWEP1 and get that.

Or I could sell my RFM/SWEP1 right now and get GB................................................................................................................

#13 3 years ago

Ironically I have the exact same question. I think MMR wins slightly with it being classic for a reason. So my plan is to buy MMR this year and GB Premium next.

#14 3 years ago

No poll?

#15 3 years ago

I own a MM. I would definitely get a GB over a MM.

#16 3 years ago

I was in the same position up until yesterday. I was going to get ghostbusters then mmr next year since I wanted both.

I decided to go with mmr first because I was concerned about the reported issues lately. So ill get a Ghostbusters sometime next year once the issues are hammered out.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Played a MMr for the 1st time the other day. Man they play like dog shit

I didnt know dogshit could play...but seriously,it must have been the machine you played on.Ive played two MMR's and they were phenominal.I plan to own one soon i hope.

3 weeks later
#18 3 years ago

I finally got to play a MMr yesterday (at the Fremont Arcade in Las Vegas). I'd defiantly take it over Ghost Busters any day, but I'd take an original Medieval Madness over the remake. The flippers work okay, but they don't have the feel of the originals. I didn't care for the buttons even. They're too slick feeling.

MMr (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Spring, TX
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside