Before_(resized).jpg
IMG_2653_(resized).JPG
1300x-Slimer5--975x1024_(resized).jpg
13327429_10154158767913529_8157202989266592452_n_(1)_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Got my topper in. Seems to be well crafted and solidly built. But......I don't have a Ghostbusters to hook it up to yet.
Anyone else get one in, have it connected and can share some video of it during game play or attract mode?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

Did you get that through your distributor? It's a lot of cheddar for sure, but I like it.

Video please. Post it if you got it.

#4 7 years ago

Looks great. Patiently waiting for mine.

LTG : )

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Did you get that through your distributor? It's a lot of cheddar for sure, but I like it.
Video please. Post it if you got it.

Yes, through a distributor but it was shipped directly from Stern. My GB purchase is delayed do to some logistics issues I have so it'll be a few months before I get my hands on my own.

Hoping someone has a game and got there topper. Looking forward to some video.

#6 7 years ago

I have one of these on order as well and would love to see some video of it in action. How is the topper built? Does it just look like a cheap piece of plastic or a nice well built piece?

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

Got my topper in. Seems to be well crafted and solidly built.

RIF = reading is fundamental

#8 7 years ago

I'm also interested in video of this topper. Kinda disappointed that the blue lens are opaque instead of clear. My guess is that they did not use real rotating beacons and had to disguise it.

#9 7 years ago

Yeah we really need to see a video of this in action. Anyone around the OP have a Ghostbusters to try it out on?

#10 7 years ago

Shipping add ons months before the actual product? That would be a wake up call to me if I were running Stern.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Shipping add ons months before the actual product? That would be a wake up call to me if I were running Stern.

???

Many GB pinballs have shipped and shipped well before the topper.

#12 7 years ago

Hey ff6735!! I got mine also! Ha ha.
I literally have a handful of things to put ON a game that I don't own.

I agree ... it is VERY solid. It's a lot "heavier" than I anticipated.
But, I also have no machine to put it on yet as I'm still waiting on the Premium. Lol! I shot an "unboxing" video but sadly ... it 'aint lit up at all. Lol!

#13 7 years ago

Great video Chris, thanks for posting. I shared it from our Twitter account, hope you don't mind

#14 7 years ago

Hey K3V!

I don't mind at all. Ha ha. I hope it helps anyone who is "on the fence" about it.
(Box opening soon I hope! Come on down!)

#15 7 years ago

Really wanna get some time in on a premium. What's your ETA?

#16 7 years ago

Thanks for the video Chris! Topper looks great.

#17 7 years ago

Ummmm yeah. Think I'll stick with my jury rigged 20 buck make shift Glow in the a dark Slimer. Throw on some Velcro & 3M tape, have a coke and a smile and call it a day. What does this topper sell for? $500. Oh hellllllllll no.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Ummmm yeah. Think I'll stick with my jury rigged 20 buck make shift Glow in the a dark Slimer. Throw on some Velcro & 3M tape, have a coke and a smile and call it a day. What does this topper sell for? $500. Oh hellllllllll no.

Yup, $500. It's a choice. I don't knock yours one bit.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey ff6735!! I got mine also! Ha ha.
I literally have a handful of things to put ON a game that I don't own.
I agree ... it is VERY solid. It's a lot "heavier" than I anticipated.
But, I also have no machine to put it on yet as I'm still waiting on the Premium. Lol! I shot an "unboxing" video but sadly ... it 'aint lit up at all. Lol!
» YouTube video

Thanks for posting this video Chris. Your videos helped me get into this hobby and the production value of each and every one is top notch. I'm subscribed to your channel, so can you post a GB pin video like the one you did for your BBB and TF pins when your premium arrived and you get some play time on it?

#20 7 years ago

I'm not usually a "Topper" guy but I think it looks pretty sweet. I would buy one of these before I spent money on a GOT, TWD or KISS topper that's for sure. Still not worth $500 imo, but if you have cash to kick around it would make a nice addition to your game.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

RIF = reading is fundamental

Yes I did see that right after I made that post duh! Sorry guys. I should have read the entire op postnatal just the title lol. Should get my topper tomorrow. And I'm excited to see it in person. However I'm still waiting on my Pro until July. And yes I agree about it not being worth $500 but I sacked it up anyway and ordered one because I think it looks great. Still can't believe there are so many guys getting this with no game to test. There must be someone somewhere that has gotten one and actually already has the game to test it on and post a video.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Yes I did see that right after I made that post duh! Sorry guys. I should have read the entire op postnatal just the title lol. Should get my topper tomorrow. And I'm excited to see it in person. However I'm still waiting on my Pro until July. And yes I agree about it not being worth $500 but I sacked it up anyway and ordered one because I think it looks great. Still can't believe there are so many guys getting this with no game to test. There must be someone somewhere that has gotten one and actually already has the game to test it on and post a video.

I posted a video

#23 7 years ago

Looks good. Wish it had the siren too

#24 7 years ago

Looks horrible, but as long as you guys are happy that;s what matters. Enjoy!

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If our happiness is all that matters, why bother to post with negative comments?

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

If our happiness

Nobody is talking aboot you...get over yourself.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Nobody is talking aboot you...get over yourself.

I'm in on the topper. I like it. So, I can comment about "our happiness".

Your reply makes no sense. Try harder next time to make a point.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Looks like the topper came from a box of crackerjacks. Laughing for $500 Alex.

#29 7 years ago

Topper looks fine to me. I don't recall to many toppers being too complicated or fancy. It looks like a lightbar and lights up like it is supposed to. I'm not a big topper guy and $500 is a lot of pin money. You could buy a colordmd and several great mods for that.

#30 7 years ago

Looks good to me, but as far as I can tell, it does a light show and that's about it. That's surprising to me. I mean, for $500, I would expect the red thing to be motorized.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Looks good to me, but as far as I can tell, it does a light show and that's about it. That's surprising to me. I mean, for $500, I would expect the red thing to be motorized.

Yeah I was hoping the red thing would be motorized too. The light show is very nice though. I can't believe these cost $500. I'm happy with my purchase but they should be no more than like $200.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from flyusa007:

I can't believe these cost $500. I'm happy with my purchase but they should be no more than like $200.

I think they're a ripoff too, just as far as value for the money, but the reality is that manufacturing this kind of product in limited quantities costs a lot. Toys at the store are cheap because they're selling thousands and thousands of them, they can amortize the costs of injection molding etc over the quantities. If it's $10,000 to set up a mold (it can be a lot more) and you can sell 10,000 toys, then hey, a buck a toy isn't bad. And it's probably more like 100,000 toys.

Stern isn't selling 10,000 toppers, who knows if they can even sell 300. They probably mark the shit up out of them too, don't get me wrong, but fair enough, they're not running a charity. They expect to make a profit for the time and expense required.

#33 7 years ago

I have a topper made out of a real light bar. I have it setup to tie into 6 bulbs. Unfortunately. Don't have a game to finish figuring the final hookup.
It's cheaper but also a lot of work.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I have a topper made out of a real light bar. I have it setup to tie into 6 bulbs. Unfortunately. Don't have a game to finish figuring the final hookup.
It's cheaper but also a lot of work.

Pics? Wouldn't this be too wide?

#35 7 years ago

I like mine that I made out of all wood, and it's a lot cheaper

13327429_10154158767913529_8157202989266592452_n_(1)_(resized).jpg13327429_10154158767913529_8157202989266592452_n_(1)_(resized).jpg

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Pics? Wouldn't this be too wide?

A standard backbox is about 30 inches wide. The unit I purchased (same brand but one model newer than the actual ecto 1-2 has) was 47 inches wide. It is sectional. I was able to shorten it to 36 inches. It hangs over a few inches but that's ok because the bottom of this dome is also clear. Converted it to LED and rewired it with a low volt sensor relay board.
Clear dome (like ecto 2) and actual professional quality. Still sells for $1500 new. I have about $100 in so far.

#37 7 years ago

So where do you buy your model feom?

#39 7 years ago

$500 for the topper seems overpriced.. Something is missing to make it worth the price?!

#40 7 years ago

Just a close up of the topper in action.

The LEDs look good and are quiet, but don't look as good as traditional rotating lights. I personally think a diffuser would be nice to hide the moving LEDs. Overall, I really like the topper, but honestly. $250-$300 is what it should be priced at, $350 tops. I'm not upset I paid the $, because it looks like it should be there, but I do feel like there was no lube used at $500.

I think the LEDs are all white and the color is only from illuminating the plastic. Colored LEDs would have been more appropriate. The blues okay overall, but the red comes across as pinkish to me. A red led would have looked better IMO.

With that said, I've really grown to love the new Stern cabinets. The topper was so easy to mount and hookup was super fast. Remove 4 screws from the top of head, remove plug. Mount topper, stuff cable through hole where plug was and replace the 4 screws to secure topper.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

So where do you buy your model feom?

I got it at a car swap meet, had to take it apart, un yellow the domes, and cut down the base. I then had to replace all the bulbs with LED. Went from 30-40 amp to 1.5 amp draw. I hope to rewire it this weekend and take some pictures of it on top of a game.

#42 7 years ago

Why doesn't the water cannon on the topper work?
Why doesn't the siren do anything?
Inquiring minds want to know...

#43 7 years ago

If our happiness is all that matters, why bother to post with negative comments?

Because its a $500 ripoff. At $200 bucks its still ugly and doesn't go with the pin but at least its easier to swallow.

Grab some lube like Toaster said when you go to install it!

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

At $200 bucks its still ugly and doesn't go with the pin but at least its easier to swallow.

With somethings pinball, I just accept the fact it's a stupid purchase and make it anyway. This was absolutely one of those times.

I think it looks good though and fits the theme perfect.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

With somethings pinball, I just accept the fact it's a stupid purchase and make it anyway. This was absolutely one of those times.

Amen to that, done it too many times myself. I keep a bottle of lube in the toolbox

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Because its a $500 ripoff. At $200 bucks its still ugly and doesn't go with the pin but at least its easier to swallow.
Grab some lube like Toaster said when you go to install it!

Doesn't go wit the pin? What drugs are you on? No topper has ever gone better with it's pin than this.

#47 7 years ago

Doesn't go wit the pin? What drugs are you on? No topper has ever gone better with it's pin than this.

It's ugly and you keep making stupid statements like "no topper has ever gone better with it's pin that this".

If you have to justify blowing $500 in your mind then have it. There are obviously a few people that like it.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's ugly and you keep making stupid statements like "no topper has ever gone better with it's pin that this".
If you have to justify blowing $500 in your mind then have it. There are obviously a few people that like it.

What's stupid about that?

TWD Dead topper was an aquarium that was redundant to the smaller one inside the game. KISS lights were cool, but again, sit right above the backglass that says KISS. GOT's dragon is again redundant to the dragon on the play field.

Ghostbusters, however, has the lightbar from the Ecto-1. A topper that fits the theme perfectly, and invokes the old time Pinball feeling of High Speed, Getaway, F-14, LW3, LAH.

So, wanna try again to make your silly statement?

Nope? Didn't think so.

#49 7 years ago

So, wanna try again to make your silly statement?
Nope? Didn't think so.

#50 7 years ago

Oh no, buddy, you see the mic was dropped.

Yeah....no more replies for you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-topper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.